U.S. Embassy in Namibia: Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program
Deadline: 3 August 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Namibia Public Affairs Section (PAS) has announced that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, think-thanks, academic institutions, and other non-profit organizations to enhance mutual understating between the United States and Namibia.
The PAS Small Grants Program projects may include, but are not limited to, the following themes:
- Economic Growth
- Programs that expand mutually advantageous business relationships, trade, and investment between Namibia and the United States. Programs related to innovation, renewable energy, and Women’s Empowerment.
- Programs related to building capacity of Namibians Learners or educators, or programs building linkages between American and Namibian institutions of highers learning.
- English Teaching
- Programs that promote teacher training in areas related to English teaching, or those that enhance English learning among Namibian youth.
- Programs that effectively plan and implement policies for wildlife conservation, mitigate human-wildlife conflict, or development the future generation of conservation leadership.
- Judiciary and Law Enforcement
- Programs that will work hand in hand with the Government of Namibia to strengthen its administration of justice.
- Social Issues
- Programs that seek to promote a better understanding of human rights and diversity and inclusion.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Programs that promote policies that incentive the private sector to take more risk, and support small businesses and entrepreneurship.
How to Apply
Please submit proposals at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy in Namibia.