U.S. Embassy in Mozambique: Call for Proposals on Social Marginalization
Deadline: 27 July 2018
The Public Affairs Office of U.S. Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique is seeking public diplomacy proposals addressing the following problem: Many young men and women living in the districts of Palma, Nangade, Mocímboa da Praia, and Macomia view themselves as socially marginalized.
- The suggested proposal range is between $5,000 and $25,000. Multiple proposals may be selected for funding.
- The performance period for proposals must take place between September 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019.
- Only nonprofit entities registered with the Government of Mozambique may submit proposals.
- The selection panel will accept proposals from non-Mozambican (i.e. foreign) organizations so long as those organizations are registered to legally operate in Mozambique.
- Such entities may include nongovernmental organizations, civil society organizations, associations, and nonprofit academic institutions.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their organization’s registration certificate with their proposal.
- Proposals from for-profit companies, individuals, or informal organizations not registered with the Government of Mozambique will not be accepted.
- With the exception of academic institutions, proposals from entities wholly owned by the Government of Mozambique will not be accepted.
Proposals can be in English or Portuguese.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Mozambique
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.