U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan: AFCP 2019 Large Grants Program
Deadline: 30 November 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Baku, Azerbaijan is accepting project abstracts and full applications for the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) 2019 Large Grants Program.
- Floor on Amount of Individual Awards: US $200,000 per project
- Ceiling on Amount of Individual Awards: US $800,000 per project
The AFCP Large Grants Program supports the preservation of major ancient archaeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, and major museum collections that are accessible to the public and protected by law in the host country. Appropriate project activities may include:
- Preventive conservation (addressing conditions that damage or threaten the site)
- Stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance [settling, collapse, etc.] of a site)
- Conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to a collection or sites)
- Consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of a site)
- Anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts)
- Restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of a site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings)
Eligible Project Applicants
- The Center defines eligible project applicants as reputable and accountable non-commercial entities, such as non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.- based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
- Embassy will vet applicants for eligibility, suitability, and reputable performance in cultural preservation or similar activities and ensure that the applicants are able to receive U.S. federal assistance.
- AFCP does not award grants to individuals, commercial entities, or past award recipients that have not fulfilled the objectives or reporting requirements of previous AFCP awards.
How to Apply
All eligible applications should be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Azerbaijan and United States
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2FkNtFm