U.S. Department of State: Seeking Applications for Small Grant Program
Deadline: 1 October 2018
The U.S. Embassy The Hague Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce funding is available through the Embassy’s public diplomacy grants program.
Grants are intended for local representatives of civil society, including non-governmental organizations and universities. They support projects to:
- Enhance International Security, by funding proposals which: counter violent extremism, strengthen NATO and transatlantic security commitment, encourage participation in UN peacekeeping missions, and promote the rule of law.
- Strengthen Economic Prosperity, by funding proposals which: encourage trade and investment between the United States and the Netherlands, build support for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP), and support entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Promote Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability, by funding proposals which: promote investment in renewable energy, build support for global initiatives to combat climate change, protect the oceans, and encourage good stewardship of the planet.
- Reinforce U.S. – Dutch Shared Values, by funding proposals which: promote U.S. culture, including music, art, sports, and education, and which support integration, human rights, women’s empowerment, other areas of mutual interest that promote freedom and democracy.
- bringing an American expert speaker or performer to the Netherlands;
- conferences on American themes or issues of mutual interest;
- exhibitions of works by Americans or on American themes;
- youth recreation, leadership, and education programs;
- cultural programs, and particularly those that target underserved communities; and,
- radio, television, and social media programming in support of the above four objectives.
- Most grants considered are between $5,000 and $25,000.
- The U.S. Embassy The Hague encourages applications from all sectors: committed and organized civil-society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and individuals.
- The U.S. Embassy The Hague encourages applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of this project. The U.S. Embassy also encourages projects that use highly skilled volunteers as an element of cost-sharing. Applications should explain clearly other likely sources of funding and how the volunteers will be used.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: The Netherlands
For more information, please visit Small Grant Program.