U.S. Department of State: Promoting Economic Opportunity in the Western Sahara
Deadline: 3 July 2018
The Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs’ Office of Assistance Coordination’s (NEA/AC) Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) is seeking proposals that support inclusive economic growth in the Western Sahara by improving local economic opportunities within the private sector and among women and youth.
Thus, proposals should offer a phased approach to programming to include:
- conducting research of constraints to local economic development in the Western Sahara that will serve as a baseline for economic data (with special attention to disaggregating these data by youth and women);
- completing a formative assessment on the data and findings, which offers recommendations for targeted interventions to develop existing or high-potential local economic opportunities;
- developing and implementing a data-driven, action-oriented pilot project that bolsters inclusive private sector economic opportunity by addressing some of the identified constraints to development of one or more promising sectors, or filling existing high-demand local jobs.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $1,000,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $1,000,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $500,000
- Estimated Length of Project Period: 1-3 years
U.S. or foreign
- Non-profit organizations;
- For-profit organizations;
- Private institutions of higher education;
- Public or state institutions of higher education; and/or
- Public international organizations or intergovernmental organizations.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.