U.S. Department of State invites Applications for “2019 Turkey Non-Syrians” Grant Program
Deadline: 10 May 2019
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration has announced its grant program entitled “2019 Turkey Non-Syrians”.
Proposed activities should primarily support Iraqi, Afghan, and other International Protection applicants and status holders in Turkey. PRM will consider funding only those projects that include a target beneficiary base of at least 51 percent non-Syrian refugees and asylum seekers. Up to 49 percent of target beneficiaries may include other populations of concern, such as Syrians, Uighurs, and host community populations.
Please ensure that the profile of target populations and percentage breakdown per population are clearly outlined in the proposal.
Proposals must focus on one or more of the following sectors (see PRM’s General NGO Guidelines for sector descriptions):
- Core Relief Items/Cash-Based Initiatives
- Protection-focused activities should focus on legal and physical protection and access to services, with material assistance targeted to the most vulnerable. Direct assistance to the most vulnerable refugees may be required, particularly where access to existing services is unavailable or insufficient to meet basic needs. Proposals should describe how beneficiaries will be identified and targeted and assistance tailored to match their particular needs. Interventions should promote protection through self reliance. Existing local structures should be identified and built upon and organizations should avoid the creation of parallel, refugee-specific structures.
- Provision of core relief items, cash assistance, and/or capacity development activities will be considered if integrated in a program focused on one or more of the above sectors.
- Proposals for livelihoods activities should link training to employment opportunities, including vocational training opportunities with employable skills for older youth.
- Award Ceiling: $800,000
- Award Floor: $400,000
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education International Organizations.
- International multilateral organizations, such as United Nationsagencies, should not submit proposals through Grants.gov in response to this Notice of Funding Opportunity announcement.
- Multilateral organizations that are seeking funding for programs relevant to this announcement should contact the PRM Program Officer (as listed below) on or before the closing date of the funding announcement.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314807