U.S. Department of State, Bureau of NEA/AC: Supporting Small and Medium Enterprises’ Access to Finance in Tunisia
Deadline: 19 July 2018
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, and the United States Embassy in Tunisia, Assistance Unit, are seeking proposals from eligible applicants to implement a program entitled Supporting Small- and Medium- Enterprises’ Access to Finance in Tunisia.
To address the supply-side challenges of Tunisia’s SME ecosystem, this NOFO solicits applications to work with non-traditional lenders and investors and/or small regional banks to spur SME lending through new financial products and services, in addition to working with business support organizations to assist members through business advisory services including financial management, how to apply for financing, and understanding the suitability of various financial products and services. A successful applicant will design a project to serve SMEs with three to forty-nine (3-49) employees, and with at least one quarter of end-users being women- or youth- led businesses.
A successful project will result in the completion of the following outcomes to address the supply-side challenges in SME’s access to finance:
- Business support organizations provide improved services focused on financial management, and serve to bolster SMEs’ awareness and understanding of new or innovative financial products and their potential to meet their unique financing needs.
- Non-traditional lenders and investors (including angel investors, and/or risk capital/venture capital associations) and/or small regional banks develop and deliver diversified, innovative financial products and services that meet the needs of SMEs.
- Estimated Initial Project Funding: $1,200,000
- Estimated Initial Award Ceiling: $1,200,000
- Estimated Initial Award Floor: $1,000,000
Eligible applicants include U.S. or foreign:
- Non-profit organizations;
- For-profit organizations;
- Private institutions of higher education;
- Public or state institutions of higher education;
- Public international organizations;
- Small businesses with functional and regional experience in the areas of: support to small businesses and access to finance in Tunisia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.