U.S. Department of Agriculture, NIFA seeking Applications for Rural Health and Safety Education Competitive Grant Opportunity
Deadline: 10 June 2019
U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is seeking applications for its Rural Health and Safety Education(RHSE) Competitive Grant Opportunity.
The RHSE program proposals are expected to be community-based, outreach education programs, such as those conducted through Human Science extension outreach, that provides individuals and families with:
- Information as to the value of good health at any age.
- Information to increase individual or family’s motivation to take more responsibility for their own health.
- Information regarding rural environmental health issues that directly impact on human health.
- Information about and access to health promotion and educational activities.
- Training for volunteers and health services providers concerning health promotion and health care services for individuals and families in cooperation with state, local and community partners.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $2,900,000
- Award Ceiling: $350,000
- Award Floor: $250,000
- Applications may be submitted by 1862 and 1890 Land Grant colleges and universities that are eligible to receive funds under the Act of July 2, 1862 (7 U.S.C. 301 et seq.), and the Act of August 30, 1890 (7 U.S.C. 321 et seq.), including Central State University, Tuskegee University, West Virginia State University. Applications also may be submitted by any of the Tribal colleges and universities designated as 1994 Land Grant Institutions under the Educational Land-Grant Status Act of 1994, as amended.
- Award recipients may subcontract to organizations not eligible to apply provided such organizations are necessary for the conduct of the project.
- Failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the time of application deadline may result in the application being excluded from consideration or, even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude NIFA from making an award.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314715