Travel Grants for Journalists to attend the 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Applications are open for Journalists who would like to cover the 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings where they meet international young scientists for dialogue and inspiration. This year’s meeting, which is dedicated to physiology and medicine, will take place 24–29 June 2018 in the Inselhalle Lindau. The Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings will compensate accommodation for four nights and transportation costs of grant recipients.
The 68th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting is dedicated to physiology and medicine. Key topics will include the circadian clock, genetic engineering, science in a post-factual era and science publishing. This year, 600 young scientists from all over the world will meet 42 Nobel Laureates, including some of the most recent recipients of the Nobel Prize.
The programme will include numerous lectures, panel discussions, Agora Talks, master classes and a poster session. In addition, there will be plenty of opportunities for informal exchange with the meeting participants on the fringes of the sessions as well as during the social events. The organisers of the meeting can arrange interview appointments for journalists with laureates, young scientists and guests. The meeting programme will be available online from April 2018.
- The application is open to all journalists world-wide.
You are asked to submit:
- A letter of motivation stating
- your specific interest in the meeting and its participants
- how you are planning to cover the meeting (the type and extent of the work you will produce)
- the media outlet where you aim to publish your article/piece
- A CV listing your professional experience and your current position
- 2–3 samples of work
- If you would like us to arrange interviews with specific meeting participants, please let them know
Please submit your application documents in a single PDF file to:
Gero von der Stein
Head of Communications
Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings
Applicants will be notified of the results by the end of April.