Travel Grant Scheme: Seeking Applications from Young African Researchers
Deadline: 7 May 2018
The Euro Science is seeking applications for its Travel Grants to support 28 Young African researchers (or exceptionally research administrators) with their travel, registration and accommodation costs to attend ESOF 2018 in Toulouse (9-14 July 2018).
The grant would consist of a lump sum of €1,500 / grantee.
- The grant aims to cover:
- Travel costs to Toulouse
- Visa fees
- Registration fee to ESOF 2018
- Accommodation in Toulouse (students residence)
- Local transportation and meal costs
- The administration (logistical arrangements and reimbursement) will be managed by the UFTMIP, in accordance with its official travel regulations:
- Travel costs, registration fees, accommodation and meal costs (in student residence) will be covered directly by UFTMIP;
- A public transportation card as necessary will be provided by the ESOF 2018 organisation;
- Visa fees and other eligible costs would be reimbursed after presentation of feedback report and upon submission of a detailed invoice
Applicants should be:
- A national of an African country
- Working preferably on the African continent
- Active in research (universities, research institutes, companies) or exceptionally research administration
- Preferably having a PhD
- Under the age of 35
- Proficient in English
How to Apply
Applicants must apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.