TransAfrica Communications recruits 01 Senior Technical Manager
TransAfrica Communications (TrAC) is a multinational communication company that enables local connectivity providers in their mission to envisioning a new developed Africa.
Job location: Kigali – Rwanda
TransAfrica Communications (TrAC) is looking for a skilled network engineer with the ability to manage a trans-African IP network and, in time, become our organizations’ Chief Technical officer (CTO). TrAC started as a small ISP in Rwanda and now provides tier 1 IP services to telcos, enterprises and governments across multiple African countries. Headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda, TrAC’s network extends through Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and DRC. As a company we are now positioned to extend our network further into both francophone and anglophone African countries.
For such a large network and customer footprint, TrAC runs a very small team of highly dedicated and ethical technicians, engineers and support staff. Currently only four executives serve these teams and all four have board representation. This highly efficient and transparent model makes TrAC agile and, surprisingly, very hi-touch when it comes to our engagement with the market.
Initially this position will work out of Kigali, Rwanda and report directly to our Chief Operation Officer (COO). However, TrAC does enjoy a distributed management model so for the right candidate, this opportunity could ultimately lead to the role of group CTO and be based anywhere in Africa.
Senior Technical Manager Profile
- Ensure that the group is deploying the most appropriate technology to meet our customers’ requirements.
- Develop, communicate and lead the implementation of the group’s technical strategy.
- In collaboration with lead engineers and management, develop and lead projects for all planned technical expansions and upgrades.
- Provide technical direction for the design, development and implementation of simultaneous client solutions and installations.
- Identify system deficiencies then recommend and implements effective solutions.
- Provide technical advice to the board.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the CCO as required, including tender responses and stakeholder meetings.
- Experience with the design, deployment and operations of IP networks (specifically SDH, IP, Ethernet and MPLS preferably on Juniper, Cisco & Mikrotik).
- Experience with the design, deployment and operations of optical network solutions (specifically OTN and PTN preferably on Tejas).
- Experience with the design, deployment and operations of RF technologies (specifically PTP and PTMP preferably on Cambium).
- Experience managing technical teams in implementing network infrastructure deployments and projects.
- Ability to multi-task, manage and report on various project elements simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Adequate written and verbal communication skills in French.
- Experience with VMWare, Apache Cloud, Microsoft o365, Linux Red Hat & Debian.
- Design and prepare the technical aspects of tender submissions.
- Pre-sales technical support.
- Bachelor Degree of Network or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Professional certifications advantageous.
- Proven experience of more than 3 years in similar industry position.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can send their application letter, their degrees, and CV with 3 references to the below link not later than the 24th May 2021. https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=36146
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.