Tostan recrute 01 spécialiste de l’apprentissage
Tostan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Dakar, Senegal and currently operating in five West African countries. Strategically, the organization is committed to continuing to develop its core competency of empowering education and to documenting and scaling the sustainable impact it creates across a range of issues. Tostan’s flagship model, the 3-Year Community Empowerment Program (CEP), has already reached thousands of communities in both West and East Africa since 1991. Outcomes in governance, education, health, economic empowerment, and the environment are currently tracked, and Tostan has been particularly proud to play a significant role in the large-scale empowerment of women and girls and the community-led abandonment of harmful practices such as female genital cutting and child marriage.
Ideally based in Dakar/Thies, reporting to the CoP, the Learning Specialist will facilitate design and organization of applied research and piloting initiatives to advance learning and knowledge related to Tostan’s priority areas.
- Map, analyze and synthesize knowledge and programmatic experience into “lessons learned”.
- Develop knowledge products that will assist with policy development and programming on community-led development.
- Facilitate the communication of learning informed by analysis of data from monitoring and evaluation processes for internal and external facing audiences . Discuss emerging issues from project progress and evaluation reports and coordinate the development and follow up of action plans for recommendations.
- Support technical specialists with learning activities (support planning of After-Action Review workshops, prepare lessons learned reports).
- Organize regular collaboration, learning and adaptation events both internally and externally.
- Ensure that Tostan’s activities relative to learning are coordinated with efforts of other development partners and national governments.
- Disseminate lessons learned and research results through various channels that cover community-led development, including social media, as well as in communities of practice.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required.
- Support the development of Tostan strategy and vision by proposing or reviewing high level learning objectives, and interact with International and National MERL and Program staff in achieving agreed objectives.
Build the capacity of the organization and leadership to fully witness and understand Tostan’s programmatic learning. Assess staff needs in Learning, planning, and implementing appropriate training strategies.
- Be a leader and inspire others in TI Program department. Be an example of performance and engagement with other team members.
Key Qualifications and Selection Criteria
Education: Advanced university degree (Master, PhD) or equivalent in political science, social sciences or other related disciplines. Relevant experience will also be considered in lieu of an advanced university degree for especially qualified candidates.
Excellent command of written and spoken French and English required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in a related field. 7 years of experience for candidates who hold a Ph.D.
- Have knowledge of non formal education programs.
- Characteristics: Demonstrated experience in writing high-quality evaluation reports and sharing monitoring data with internal and external stakeholders.
- Very strong analytical skills required. Experience in engaging colleagues in interpreting and learning from findings is desirable.
- Proven experience in facilitating and consolidating learnings from applied research, including at country level.
- Proven experience in producing policy-oriented publications using a clear and concise style.
- Specialist knowledge of community-led development and the SDGs, their interlinkages and the 2030 Agenda more broadly.
- Capable of working with department directors and chief officers to
- inform high-level strategy decisions.
- Familiar with and able to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Tostan program is desirable.
Location: Tostan International in Dakar/Thies, Senegal
Reports to: Chief of Program (CoP)
Please send your application with the reference « LS – S21 » to the e-mail address email@example.com accompanied by
- A cover letter
- Copies of diplomas and certificates
- A detailed CV including the contact details of three referees, one of whom should be your current or previous supervisor.
Tostan is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applications, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, nationality, disability or any other discrimination prohibited by law.
We therefore strongly encourage applications from women and people with disabilities.
Selected candidates will be submitted to pre-employment screening in accordance with the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy, the Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy and the Counter Terrorism Screening Policy.
Date limite : 29 Septembre 2021.