The World Bank recruits 01 Associate Financial Officer
- Job #: req14684
- Organization: IFC
- Sector: Financial Sector
- Grade: GF
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Dakar,Senegal
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC Treasury and Syndications is a large and significant player in the international financial markets. The unit operates globally to deliver on IFC’s strategy to create markets and mobilize private capital for development. It manages over $100 billion in liquid assets, global market borrowings, and derivatives transactions, and is responsible for strengthening local-currency financing by arranging and executing local-currency and risk-management transactions for clients and raising third-party capital through innovative syndication and mobilization platforms.
IFC’s Treasury Client Solutions Department is a client facing transaction structuring and execution team that provides IFC’s clients with innovative fixed-income solutions with a focus on debt capital markets. The group has global responsibility for derivative transactions, structured products, local currency solutions, and debt capital markets initiatives. The team takes pride in contributing to many innovative transactions across the region that provide meaningful solutions to IFC’s clients.
The department is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated finance professional to join the EMEA team covering markets in Africa, Middle East, Europe and Central Asia. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of fixed-income professionals, contribute to IFC’s strategic priorities and facilitate innovative transactions across a variety of structures, asset classes, sectors and markets in the EMEA region.
The position will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
- Structure, price and execute fixed income transactions for IFC’s clients including debt capital markets, structured products (including securitizations, covered bonds, structured debt funds, credit guarantees, risk sharing facilities and other instruments), as well as interest rate and currency derivatives.
- Build and maintain relationship with key partners, including international investment banks, local banks, capital market firms, investors, and regulators.
- Contribute to business development and market treasury products to internal and external clients.
- Conduct market intelligence of local and international debt capital markets
- Coordinate the preparation and execution of IFC’s local currency bond issuances in domestic and international markets.
- Design, maintain, and improve financial models to structure, evaluate, and price innovative transactions.
- Provide training and knowledge management services to colleagues and external clients.
- MBA/Master’s degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Economics, Financial Mathematics or related area.
- Between 4 and 8 years of relevant work experience in finance, preferable in fixed income (including derivatives) and/or structured products within an investment bank, rating agency, or capital markets related institution;
- Highly motivated, results-oriented team player with an ability to multi-task and thrive in a transaction-driven environment and to pay attention to detail in a fast-paced environment;
- Solid knowledge of fixed income markets including interest rate and FX derivatives and/or structured products;
- Strong data analysis and financial modelling skills;
- Good business judgment and good track record in transaction execution in an investment environment;
- Strong communication skills in English, preferably in french.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Closing Date: 2/2/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTCPostuler