The World Bank recruits 01 Assistant technique
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Team Assistant. The Team Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Team Assistant is an integral part of the Senegal Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. (S)He will provide Administrative and client support to the Operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Roles & Responsibility
The team assistant carries out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks. They typically report to an Office Administrator, Executive Assistant or Office Manager and initially work under close supervision and guidance. They coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts. TAs may also be assigned responsibility for some aspect of the unit’s administrative functions.
Team Assistants can work regularly and substantially in more than one language, to include translating/drafting a variety of standard documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages, etc.
The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Senegal Country Office.
The main functions include but are not limited to:
Operational and administrative support
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
- Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, …) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials.
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
- Assist team or work unit by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages.
- Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by teams in the AFCF1 CMU.
- Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Management, etc.) monitor specific activities, (i.e., task budget, etc.) within their teams or clusters.
Information Management and Client interaction
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Maintain up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic).
Time management & Logistic planning
- Arrange working schedule and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams.
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information to the appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unknit, including officials outside the Bank Group, track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
- Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor
- Any other business.
Note:- All applications (both CV and Cover Letter) are to be presented in English only, applications received in any other language will not be considered.
Minimum Bachelor degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Attitude / Adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them with high level of professionalism.
- Learning, knowledge sharing and communication – Good English language skills (verbal and written) Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
Business judgment and analytical decision making – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
- Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contribute efficiently to teams’ work and output, demonstrating respect and flexibility for different points of view.
- Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Application deadline: 10/14/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter worldbankgroup.csod.com.