The WOAH recruits 01 Training Platform Assistant – Capacity Building Department – WOAH Lyon, France
|Positioning and reporting|
Under the authority of the Deputy Director General in charge of Regional Activities and Institutional Affairs and the Head of the Capacity Building Department, and the direct supervision of the Secretary of the WOAH Platform for the Training of Veterinary Services.
The Secretariat of the WOAH Platform for the Training of Veterinary Services (hereafter called WOAH Training Secretariat) is positioned in the Capacity-Building Department (CBD), itself placed into the Directorate General for Regional Activities and Institutional Affairs. It coordinates the work of the WOAH Platform for the training of Veterinary Services that contributes to the strengthening of Veterinary Services by developing, deploying and monitoring training activities for WOAH Members.The Training Platform Assistant supports the daily work of the WOAH Training Secretariat, in particular the daily management of the WOAH Training Portal (Moddle environment), liaising with the rest of the Organisation, the WOAH Collaborating Centres of Training and Education, and external parties to guarantee the smooth coordination of activities. The Assistant is also in charge of providing logistical support to the organisation and coordination of meetings and/or training events managed by the WOAH Training Secretariat, whether face-to-face or web based.
|Missions and activities Manage the WOAH Training Portal|
– Upload the e-modules and e-resources on the Portal, in line with the procedures;
– Enrol participants to WOAH e-trainings and assist them during the course fruition (eTutoring and Help Desk), assuring the completion of the learning path;
– Prepare on line polls, surveys, and customer satisfaction tools, assure their delivery and report the results when needed;
– Prepare e-certificates/badges and ensure their proper delivery at the end of the e-training, in line with the procedures;
– Monitor participation to WOAH e-training events and statistics (using google analytics and other tools, as needed);
– Animate fora linked to e-trainings as required;Ensure the proper communication of WOAH Training activities and the continuous update of the WOAH Training Portal (animation of the home page; filling of the e-calendar; news and alerts, etc);
– Develop procedures on how to manage the WOAH Training Portal (all functionalities included). Provide general administrative support to the activities of the WOAH Training Secretariat
– Training Secretariat, including the contacts database and submissions to WOAH webpages as needed;
– Assist in the logistical management of events Follow-up and update the schedule of face-to-face and web-based events (trainings; meetings);
– Liaise with the relevant parties including staff at Headquarters and in the regions, trainees, trainers, experts etc.;Coordinate the logistic organisation of face-to-face or web-based training events and meetings, in close collaboration with the WOAH Events Coordination Unit;
– Manage catering service providers from ordering to delivery and invoicing;Provide support to the preparation of technical documents
– Translate Training tools and material from/to the three WOAH languages;
– Proofread, edit and formatting of working documents, letters and reports,bpresentations, background papers, etc;
– Format, prepare and circulate meeting or mission reports;
– Oversee and/or participate to the translation of letters, reports and other relevant documents and ensure quality control of external translations.
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Experience
– Undergraduate degree or degree in administrative support, humanities or in any other relevant field
– At least 2 years of professional experience of assistance in training environments with international exposure
– Experience with web content management (standard CMS such as WordPress) and learning content management systems (e.g. Moodle)
– Strong computer skills in a Microsoft environment, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as a good knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
– Strong command of web-based videoconference and webinar platforms (e.g. Zoom, Cisco Webex, Teams, etc.)Excellent proofreading and editing skills
– Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
– Excellent command of the other WOAH official languages (French and Spanish)
– Excellent communication skills
– Accuracy and attention to details
– Willingness and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
– Proven effective organisational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner, defining priorities and meeting deadlines
– Capacity to work autonomously and to take ownership of tasks
The post is a full-time position based at the WOAH Training Secretariat in Marcy l’Etoile (near Lyon/France). It requires long hours in a seated position at a computer.
The WOAH places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The WOAH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions, or beliefs. This is a full-time position as an international civil servant based at the WOAH Headquarters in Paris (France) that is available immediately. If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 20 October 2022 at the latest by clicking on the link below.