The Will Charitable Trust Grants: Supporting People with Learning Disabilities in United Kingdom
Deadline: 31 January 2019
The Will Charitable Trust is inviting applications from UK registered or exempt charities to provide financial assistance through its grants program to blind people and Learning disabilities.
The Trust provides financial assistance to UK registered or exempt charities whose activities fall within the following three categories:
- care of and services for blind people, and the prevention and/or cure of blindness;
- long-term care of people with learning disabilities either: in a residential care or supported living environment in a way that provides a family environment and wide choice of activities and lifestyle; or: by providing long-term day/employment activities;
- Grants vary in amount, but generally fall within the range of £3,000 to £30,000.
- Only UK registered charities or those properly exempt qualify for grants.
The Trustees do not support:
- Organisations that are not registered charities (or properly exempt)
- General appeals or letters/mail-shots requesting donations (applicants must follow their guidelines)
- Individuals, or charities applying on their behalf
- Grant-making organisations seeking funding for the purpose of awarding grants to others
- Applications for less than £3,000
- Charities with a turnover of less than £50,000
- Charities with liquid (free) reserves covering more than 18 months’ expenditure unless they can clearly demonstrate that they are in financial need
- Charities that do not yet have a track record of service delivery (or other convincing evidence of ability)
- Ongoing running (including salaries) and core costs, ongoing projects or services (although they will support an extension to existing provision if additional cost is incurred), unless there is an exceptional reason to do so and if applicants think this is the case they should telephone the Grants Office to discuss before applying
- Projects which benefit people outside the UK, except in the blind field
- Projects which are complete (i.e. retrospective funding)
- Academic research projects
- Campaigning or lobbying projects
- Work usually considered a statutory responsibility
- Items of equipment intended for use by the NHS
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via post at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2qorGSZ