The US Embassy Dakar recruits 01 Translator/Interpreter
Salary: 14,433,916 CFA per year
The incumbent provides translation and interpretation services to the Chief of Mission, Deputy Chief of Mission, other Mission personnel. He/ She translates and prepares a wide range of official and unofficial documents, drafts and translates correspondence in English and French or vice versa. Performs simultaneous or consecutive interpretation between French and English or vice versa for Mission employees and visitors. He/ She must have a good understanding of local protocols, customs, norms, and good understanding of Department of State protocol standards, guidance, and regulations. Must keep up with key and current issues. He/ She must have a good grasp of nuances and idioms as they relate to French and English.
- Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in interpreting or translating duties involving both French and English in a sensitive environment including the translation of technically difficult material, and contacts with host Government officials, Non-Governement Organisitions, and diplomatic corps, is required.
- Education requirements: Bachelor’s degree in English, French, translation, linguistics or political science is required.
- Languages: Level 4(fluent) speaking/reading/writing English and French is required. (This may be tested).
Skills and abilities
- The incumbent must have expert ability to draft and translate accurately and quickly without errors in syntax, grammar and punctuation.
- He/ She must be able to do research and analysis in a variety of technical and complex subject matter fields.
- Must be knowledgeable in a wide field of topics (law, policy, military issues, economics, politics).
- Must be able to work independently and be flexible in adapting to changing tasks and competing priorities.
- Must have strong software competency including being able to use Microsoft Office Suit products such as MSWord, Excel, and become expert on the Department of State Contact Database management system.
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion are extremely important.
Application deadline: 05/21/2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter erajobs.state.gov.