The US Embassy Dakar recruits 01 Electrical Control Technician
Salary: 10,676,415 FCFA/year
Application deadline: 19 Aug 2020
The incumbent reports to the Building Engineer Supervisor. The incumbent is employed as a journeyman level Electrical Controls Technician to carry out skilled maintenance and repair work throughout the Embassy compound electrical components within the office buildings, on-compound ancillary support and residential buildings, above and below ground infrastructures, recreational facilities, and other owned/leased properties.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working at the journey-level in the installation, repair, and maintenance of commercial building electrical systems including power generation and distribution systems, grounding, and digital building controls and automated systems is required. Work experience must show a progression of increased responsibility, and the ability to repair complex equipment, components, and systems.
- Work experience must include a minimum of 2 years’ experience operating and maintaining 3 phase electrical equipment with ampere ratings of 1600 Amps or higher. Must have a career path that demonstrates increased levels of responsibility working on complex equipment, control circuits, and building automation systems.
- The incumbent is required to know electrical theory, ohms law, sizing electrical equipment including generators, transformers, motor starters, feeder and branch circuit wiring, circuit breakers and other electrical equipment/components, and how to use the various test instruments to analyze and repair electrical problems.
- Must know how to diagnose the root cause of an electrical problem and what materials and equipment will be needed to facilitate repairs. Must know how to work safely on electrical components including the use of lock-out / tag-out safety measures.
- The incumbent must have detailed technical knowledge of electrical control systems and how control systems interface with other operating systems.
- His/her knowledge base must be equipment specific with all makes and models of the installed electrical systems, power generation and distribution equipment, switchgear, and mechanical equipment.
- Must have a very good technical understanding of major building electrical/mechanical systems and equipment with a specialty in controls.
- Knowledge of International Building Code standards including electrical and mechanical requirements, and fire and life safety codes is required.
Completion of secondary school is required. Successful completion of specialized vocational training program from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level electricians and mechanical system specialist trained in the maintenance of commercial or industrial buildings/facilities is required. A portion of the training must be in Electrical Controls and Automated Systems Technology.
- English level III (Good working knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. In order to translate local technical information, contract documents, and correspondences from the local language into English for the Supervising Building Engineer and the Senior/Deputy Facility Manager.
- French level III (Good knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. In order to communicate with local contractors and other LE Staff.
Skills and abilities
- The incumbent must be able to read and interpret electrical drawings, riser diagrams, wiring schematics, various equipment schedules, operations and maintenance manuals, and other construction documents.
- The incumbent must have skills and abilities in the following areas: testing electrical components and taking equipment readings with various meters, hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools to determine the root cause of a problem, and the appropriate repairs.
- Must be able to use tools of the trade in order to install, troubleshoot, and repair building electrical controls, automated systems, and all associated components and devices. A
- dditional required skills include working with emergency standby generator systems; distinguishing frequencies and sounds, color codes and odors in the operation of equipment in order to troubleshoot for repairs.
- Must have substantial skill in comprehending engineering reports, specifications, and related materials in English.
- Additional required abilities include responding to emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs; work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, working on ladders at various heights, and working in temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors, to complete work assignments; communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide pertinent information.
- Must be computer literate, able to use the Microsoft Office Suite software including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point; able to draft reports and create spreadsheets, and able to write e-mails and research information on the Internet.
- A valid driver’s license is required. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks. Must be organized.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter erajobs.state.gov.