The UNFPA recruits 01 Programme Adviser
The Programme Adviser post is located in Dakar Regional Office and reports directly to the Deputy Regional Director who provides overall leadership. S/He is the principal programme adviser in the Regional Office, providing country offices with guidance, assistance and support on all programming and policy issues. The Programme Adviser is part of a team, accountable for integrated programme and technical support within a system-strengthening approach which is fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy.
The Programme Adviser/Coordinator provides strategic programming and policy support to ensure that the Fund’s programmes policies and external relations in the region are firmly placed in the context of: the ICPD Programme of Action; national development processes and frameworks; the continental agenda, the global development agenda; the achievement of the MDGs; and the process of UN reform.
Key results of Programme Adviser include
- Establishment and Coordination of key networks.
- Policy dialogue
- Focal point with HQ on UN affairs, policy external relations and resource mobilization related matters
- Region-wide advisory services
- The Programme Advisor is the focal point for specific aspects of UNFPA’s policy, advocacy issues as well as has his/her own portfolio in liaison with the RO/SROs. The Programme Adviser also provides management advice, as related to the job’s activities.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced University Degree or equivalent in public health, medicine, sociology, demography, gender, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in development programmes, of which seven years at the international level.
- 10 years progressively responsible national and international professional experience in sexual and reproductive health, population and development, gender, advocacy, management and evaluation.
- Strong track record of leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender.
- Extensive network within the development community.
- Experience in programme and/or technical assistance with the UN System
- UN inter-agency experience in a strong asset.
- Familiarity with ICT/ERP and other management and monitoring tools is an asset.
- Field experience is required.
- Fluency in English required.
- French language skills an advantage.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021 05:00 PM (America/New_York).Postuler