The UNFPA recruits 01 PM&E Adviser (Planning Monitoring & Evaluation Adviser)
Planning Monitoring & Evaluation (PM&E) is a critical function in UNFPA. The PM&E Adviser provides overall technical advice, guidance and quality assurance for results and evidence-based planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation to the Region, and supports the strengthening of capacities and knowledge sharing and dissemination on these issues. The adviser works in close collaboration with the Policy and Strategy Division (PSD) and the Evaluation Office in headquarters, as custodians, respectively, of the results monitoring and the evaluation function in UNFPA. The PM&E will report to the Deputy Regional Director.
Advanced University Degree or equivalent (preferably Ph. D.) in statistics, economics, public health or other social science, demography, international relations, international development, public administration, development management or related field with strong research and quantitative methods. Additional credits/ trainings on monitoring and evaluation are an asset.
Knowledge and Experience
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in international development, of which five years at the international level.
- 5 years or more of relevant professional experience in managing complex regional, country or programme level evaluations including inter-agency and joint evaluations.
- Strong track record of innovative leadership in managing evaluations, and proven ability to produce high quality evaluations.
- Proven strong track record in setting up practical, results oriented development and humanitarian programmes monitoring systems.
- In-depth, up-to-date understanding and knowledge of global and regional geopolitical issues relevant to UNFPA mandate and the implications for evaluation policy; In-depth, up-to-date understanding and knowledge of methods and techniques to advance international planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Experience working in a large, complex programme Country Office is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English.
- French language skills are an advantage.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021 05:00 PM (America/New_York).Postuler