The UNCDF recruits 01 Media and Communications Specialist
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Digital Hub Manager and the Global Communication Associate, the Media & Communication Specialist will be responsible for:
- designing and implementing communication plans
- recording the research journey and human story telling of the customer journey
- coordination and knowledge dissemination of the study; 4) reviewing and editing research and communication material
- supporting in content development for knowledge products
- organising webinar
- organising 2 round table workshops
- contribute to drafting the study
- Promote a better understanding of access to grid electricity and electric equipment for women and youth issues as well as the work conducted to assist states in countering these thematic in the region with a focus on Senegal by carrying out media, information and communication campaigns on various platforms
- Draft and edit key external information material, including brochures, web stories, press releases, briefing points and official discourses
- Designing Survey and sampling, coordinate launch of surveys and qualitative interviews in close collaboration with UNCDF Communication department
- Coordination and knowledge dissemination to private sector (e.g. FSPs, energy companies) and public sector stakeholders (e.g. Central Bank and regulators) in data analytics, usage and monitoring
- Supporting the development of publications on digital finance and economies, energy finance including working paper, blog, and donor reporting. Support in content development for knowledge products including working papers, dashboard, blogs, website materials, presentations etc. Review and edit, working papers, research and communications materials
- Update website and Social Media Management: prepare new material and update daily and weekly content for the unit’s website and Social Media platforms.
- Assist in media monitoring on issues related to access to electricity (online, print and broadcast).
- Sorting, production and maintenance of a photo and video gallery with content from unit’s projects
- Assist with designing, production and dissemination of unit’s publications and reports;
- Participate in key events and conferences as needed.
- Assist with development and implementation of communication and sensitization activities
- Establish unit’s database (Media and Stakeholders) for information and media dissemination.
- Maintain close collaboration with Regional Communication Advisers from other agencies and UNCDF HQ Communication Officers for effective overall coordination.
- Maintain close collaboration with local media and influencers.
- Attend UN Communications Group meetings and participate in joint activities as required.
- Respond to other media and communication related requests as needed.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
- Required degree level
- Master degree or equivalent
- Educational additional comments
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communication, media with a strong interest for social science, international relations, political science, law, public administration or related fields is mandatory
- 36 Months
- Experience remark
- At least 3 years of work experience in communication and media
- Demonstrated experience in financial inclusion and/or the energy sector
- Demonstrated experience in using computer and software packages and (advanced) Excel
- Experience in West Africa is preferable but not mandatory.
- Photography and video editing are an asset
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
- Journalism, mass media and broadcasting
Area of expertise details
- journalism, communication, media with a strong interest for social science, international relations, political science, law, public administration or related fields is mandatory
- Driving license
Application deadline: 27-June-2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.unv.org.