The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in Sustainable Development 2020 for UK Businesses
Deadline: September 10, 2019
Applications for the 2020 Queen’s Award in Sustainable Development are now open. His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales has encouraged more businesses to be sustainable and showcase their green credentials under The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise. The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are the most prestigious awards for UK businesses, which celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s birthday.
There are 4 categories for the awards:
- Sustainable Development
- Promoting Opportunity through social mobility
- International Trade
Winners will be:
- invited to a Royal reception
- presented with the award at your company by one of The Queen’s representatives, a Lord-Lieutenant
- able to fly The Queen’s Awards flag at your main office, and use the emblem on your marketing materials (for example, on your packaging, advertisements, stationery and website)
- given a Grant of Appointment (an official certificate) and a commemorative crystal trophy
The awards are valid for 5 years.
Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale.
To apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, your organisation must:
- be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- file its Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
Your organisation can be a business or non-profit.
Each of the award categories has additional entry criteria.
To apply for the Sustainable Development award, you must also:
- show how you have achieved outstanding sustainable development for more than 2 years
- provide evidence of the benefits or positive outcomes of your actions or interventions
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are free to enter. You can apply for more than one award.
You’ll need to:
- create an account and register your details
- answer questions about your eligibility – this should take less than 15 minutes
- submit your application by midday on 10 September 2019