The PAN-AFRICAN NETWORK OF CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE is recruiting a (01) Chief Operating Officer
|Entreprise/Structure: PAN-AFRICAN NETWORK OF CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 10 ans ou plus
Publié le 31/07/2016 à 21h37min53s
Email de réception des candidatures : email@example.com
Détails de l’offre:
||A PAN-AFRICAN NETWORK OF CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE
A Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for spearheading the management of the non-academic and non-scientific aspects of the Centre, the Chief Operating Officer will lead a multidisciplinary and multicultural team of 4-8 professionals, to embrace the challenge of creating a world-class learning environment, using an established model with the flexibility to adapt to local needs and the opportunity to innovate new approaches. (S)he will ensure the continuity of resource management, programming, implementation, as well as reporting of the Centre’s activities, with the utmost respect for the Centre’s procedures. (S)he is the gatekeeper of administrative and financial procedures.
Operations Development :
- Work with the Centre’s President to establish and implement a governance structure.
- Secure a legal advisor and ensure timely filling of all required documents for legal and tax purposes.
- Establish legal relationships with partners and implement the funding agreements that have been signed.
- Prepare the relevant documentation for the mandatory board meetings.Operations Management :
- Ensure the Centre is fully functional in all non-academic and non-scientific aspects before the begining of each academic year.
- Oversee the administration, ensuring local and international norms and laws are rigorously enforced.
- Maintain and ensure adherence to the finance and administration manual.
- Work with the Facilities and Logistics Manager to ensure the smooth operation of vehicles, guest houses, residences, catering facilities, infrastructure etc.
- Ensure that all students, staff and visitors have a comfortable stay in well-maintained and organized facilities.
- Work with the IT Manager to ensure that Internet and computing is available 24/7.
- Ensure a robust, reliable and modern computing environment, fitting with the Centre’s norms.
- Ensure that all students, staff and visitors have good access to IT facilities throughout.
- Ensure compliance with all donor reporting requirements.
- Oversee the Centre’s daily operations.
- Prepare every comprehensive quarterly report on the Centre’s activities.Leadership and Stakeholder Management :
- Ensure that the Centre is welcoming towards all, regardless of nationality, gender, religion, language abilities or physical disability.
- Share new ideas and best practices across the Centre’s network.
- Lead by example, to develop a general culture of excellence and transparency and to develop a community of students, tutors, staff and visitors, all working together towards a common goal.
- Recruit all key staff members (with the exception of the Institute’s President).
- Develop and implement a HR policy, including fair remuneration, evaluations, contracts and training.Profile
- You have a Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or Educational Leadership, Science and technology, with at least 10 years of experience in the management of higher education institution. A Doctorate Degree would be an asset.
- You have 7 to 10 years of experience in managing large international settings, ideally as part of a global network.
- You have a significant experience and a good understanding of the requirements for using and working with international donor funding, e.g. DFID, IDRC, USAID etc.
- You have a proven record of developing and professionalizing start-up organizations.
- You have a good experience of working in international environments.
- You are a consummate diplomat with the drive to innovate and lead change with a collaborative spirit.
- You have superb relationship management skills to lead, manage and interact with a diverse team of professionals.
- You are an influential communicator with strong verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- You are functionally bilingual (French/ English).
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Internet applications (Dropbox, Skype, Gmail etc.).