The Lipman-Miliband Trust Grants to Support Socialist Education Projects
Deadline: 31 May 2019
The Lipman-Miliband Trust is currently accepting applications for its grant programme in order to support socialist education projects across the UK.
The Trust encourages new work within this broad field, taking into consideration new areas of cultural and political work in institutions of learning but also in community organisations and among NGOs.
The Trust has the following aims:
- To promote research into the history, theory and practice of socialism and other allied fields of study;
- To support cultural projects associated with socialist education and research;
- To support research and education associated with progressive causes involving community activity and social movements;
- To enable the wider dissemination of such research and cultural activity through publication or the procuring of publication by means of books, pamphlets, reports, films, lectures, conferences, exhibitions and all other suitable media.
- The maximum grant that can be awarded from the main fund is £2000.
- The Trust cannot award grants for work associated with political parties.
- The Trust cannot subsidise costs for undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
- There is no rule limiting the number of applications any one candidate may make, although no more than one grant can be awarded in any 24 months to any applicant.
- The Trust will not consider the payment of recurring salaries. It will consider the payment of fees specifically related to the project proposal. In respect of such fees the applicant must make clear how the payment is comprised: specifically the expected hours of work on the project and the total payment. The Trust supports good employment practice and requires any payments to comply with minimum wage standards in the country where the project is to be carried out and to be in accordance with any collective agreement negotiated with an independent trade union where such exist.
- All recipients will be expected to submit a concise report back on completion of their projects. The Secretary can supply applicant with a feedback form.
How to Apply
All completed application forms must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.lipman-miliband.org.uk/applications/index.html