The IRC recruits 01 Application Support Specialist- West Africa (National Hires Only)
This role can be based preferably in Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire or Cameroon. The role can also be based in any other IRC registered country locations.
The Application Support Specialist at the IRC will provide timely support to the daily operation of business applications at the IRC. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a diverse, multicultural environment. The candidate should also have a sense of ownership over all applications and should ensure smooth daily operation of all application in the position’s purview.
The position will focus on supporting the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, internally branded as Integra. Integra houses many of the Supply Chain, Finance, and Grants Management process for the IRC and is currently being deployed to all offices and Country Programs. In addition to Integra, the position will support various other business applications at the IRC.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide timely and high-quality L1 and L2 support for ERP, Grants, GSC, and Finance systems, leveraging specialized knowledge and training in aforementioned applications
- Escalate L3 support requests to Project Managers, Business Systems Managers, or Developers as necessary; track issue through to completion
- Develop recommendations for application enhancements using comprehensive reporting and results of trend analysis identifying user issues
- Build and maintain ownership of knowledge base for commonly encountered issues within applications
- Under the direction of the Sr. Application Support Officer, develop, implement, and enforce workflows to streamline application support
- Author and oversee all technical documentation necessary to facilitate usage and adoption of applications, including user and admin guides; routinely review documentation to ensure accuracy
- Plan and host ad-hoc webinars, tele-conferences, and/or in-person meetings to better train and support application users
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Business Systems Managers to administer applications to meet business needs
Minimum 3 years of IT and business/industry work specializing in web applications
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Support of ERP tools
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of customer service
- Working knowledge of applications being implemented
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Fast and independent learner
- Intercultural competence
- Self-motivated and a problem solver
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Office 365
- A sense of personal ownership of the applications, and the drive to keep customers well satisfied with the level of support they receive
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience with support of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Strong command on English and/or French Languages, Knowledge of other languages will be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow as an incident management tool a plus
This is currently a remote position requiring the candidate fulfill all position responsibilities virtually
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Closing date : 2 November 2021.