The International Organization for Migration recruits 01 Regional Liaison Intern
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Sr Regional Liaison & Policy Officer and under the direct supervision of the Regional Research and Project Development Support Officer, the intern will offer support to the Regional liaison unit and Regional Thematic Specialists (MHD, LHD & MECC) at the IOM Regional Office for West and Central Africa, located in Dakar, Senegal by facilitating liaison with donors and other partners.
Tasks will include:
- Conduct a Mapping of IOM donors and creation of a donor database for West and Central Africa.
- Regularly consult donor websites to check the publication of tenders and calls for proposals in the areas of interest of the Regional and Country Offices.
- Sharing information on calls for proposals with the Country and Regional Offices.
- Identify potential partners from the private sector in IOM activities. Create a data base of private partners in the region.
- Support the identification of partnerships with academic institutions, think-tanks and research institutions within the region.
- Contribute to information sheets, presentations, training curricula and materials and thematic guidance notes on various thematic issues notably Migration and Health, migration and climate change, and labour migration and human development.
- Monitor Migration and Health-related issues and developments in the region and contributing to the development of thematic reports and policies.
- Assist in the organization of meetings/workshops and training.
- Perform any other duties that may be required.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree in Economics, Politics, Social Sciences or a related field from accredited academic institution;
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to write technical and policy documents;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Very good knowledge of IT tools ;
- Strong ability to work independently and harmoniously within a group;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and motivation.
- Required** French-Fluent
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 22, 2020 at the latest, with the following reference in subject line: RL INTERN ,ROWCA-HR-20-190.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com