The Embassy of Switzerland in Amman: Call for Projects for Small Grants Program 2019
Deadline: 1 February 2019
The Embassy of Switzerland in Amman, accredited to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the Republic of Iraq, has announced a call for projects “Small Grants Program 2019” in the fields of:
- Freedom of expression and association;
- Protection and empowerment of women (political participation);
- Awareness raising on environmental issues (water, waste management);
- Promotion of due process, fight against torture and death penalty.
Amounts allocated normally range between 3’000 JOD and 14’000 JOD.
Projects supported by the Embassy of Switzerland in the framework of the “small grants program” must fulfil the following conditions or criteria:
- The project has to be implemented either in Jordan or Iraq;
- Priority is given to national non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- The grant is allocated to a project and not to the functioning of the NGO itself;
- The small grant program is not designed to provide for the simple purchase and distribution of goods;
- NGOs that are already getting support from the Swiss government through other channels are not eligible under this program;
- Projects with a religious objective are not eligible under this program;
- Profit-oriented organizations are not eligible under this program;
How to Apply
- Applicants should submit their project proposals via email at the address given on the website.
- The proposal must be maximum 6 pages long, written in English and contain the following information:
- a context description of the issue the project wishes to address;
- the objective of the project, clearly defined and measurable;
- the beneficiaries of the project;
- the stakeholders of the project as well as the main actors;
- the chances and risks of the project;
- the schedule of the project, with clear deadlines;
- a detailed budget of the project;
- a contact person and the address of the NGO.
For more information, please visit https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/jordan/en/home/international-cooperation/projects/call-for-projects-.html