The Desmond Tutu Master’s Scholarship For Africans- University of Edinburgh
Deadline: April 1, 2016
University of Edinburgh is accepting applications for the 2016 Desmond Tutu Master’s scholarship. This full tuition scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa for postgraduate Master’s study within the School of Divinity for the 2016-2017 academic session.
Applicants must be:
- African who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Master’s programme of study within the School of Divinity.
- Only applicants who have received an offer of admission (conditional or unconditional) on the closing date of the scholarship will be considered by the panel.
- The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
- In addition to the above academic qualifications, the selection panel will also take into account the financial circumstances of applicants to ensure that as far as possible a student’s financial situation does not impede a university education.
- The scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee and a maintenance allowance of £5,000. The award will be tenable for one academic year.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission at the University of Edinburgh. Apply here.
- Proceed to Desmond Tutu Scholarship Application. Whilst completing this application you will be asked to provide the following:
(i) Your personal details;
(ii)Details of any degrees you hold or expect to hold;
(iii)A personal statement of no more than 300 words;
(iv) Any additional information that you believe would assist us in evaluating your application;
(v) Details of any other scholarships or awards you hold or have held.
For more information, visit the Desmond Tutu Scholarship.