The Danish Red Cross recruits 01 Humanitarian Programme Delegate for Mali
Can you lead the implementation of Humanitarian interventions, providing relief to vulnerable populations in Mali?
The Danish Red Cross (DRC) Country Office in Mali is looking for a dynamic colleague with experience and interest in humanitarian project management. The Humanitarian Programme Delegate position contributes to the development and monitoring of the DRC-supported emergency projects portfolio in Mali, which is implemented in close collaboration with the Mali Red Cross Society (MRC).
As Humanitarian Programme Delegate for DRC in Mali you will be involved in the planning and the management of humanitarian response operations as well as other relief and early recovery interventions. You will be closely involved in the dialogue with MRC and other partners regarding project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, as well as assessing humanitarian needs and fundraising. The challenges faced by the population leaving in crisis affected areas, as well as internally displaced persons are many, and DRC is exploring ways to expand its portfolio to be able to provide comprehensive support and reach more vulnerable people.
- Ensure field project management of the project and support MRC in the implementation of all aspects of the projects’ activities;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in line with agreed deadlines as formulated in project document and in donor contracts;
- Support the MRC staff for the month, quarter and annual planning of the project
- Participate in Fundraising efforts.
We are looking for a person who has:
- A relevant academic background coupled with minimum 5 years of field experience, preferably in a crisis situation;
- An excellent command of French & English in reading, speaking and writing;
- Technical Knowledge of Disaster Management & Responses, CVA, Community-based approaches;
- Excellent skills in partnership building, networking, with a sense of cultural understanding.
Application and further information
The right candidate will be offered a contract for a 2-year with DRC, with start date in December 2021 (pending Visa, Covid-19 issues etc). Non-family duty station, and the incumbent must follow ICRC security regulations. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the DRC Terms and Conditions for Delegates.
Further information is available in the job description. If you have questions related to this position, please address these to DRC Country Manager Mali, Fabrice Vandeputte on email@example.com
Application deadline is 24 October 2021. Interviews will take place online as soon as possible after this date. The desired start of the position is soonest possible in December 2021.
Please follow the link to apply: Røde Kors Regional Office – Africa – Humanitarian Programme Delegate for Mali (easycruit.com)