Deadline: 14 September 2020
The Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund supports projects that provide opportunities to individuals in the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors; for skills and career development for publishers; and to writers and visual artists for the creation of new work.
(Ad) Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? fundsforNGOs Premium has all these and more at one place! Learn more.
For 2020, the Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund will not offer Ignite Grants for professional development opportunities. This may change in future years.
The Copyright Agency’s Publishing Industry Career Development Grants support individuals working in the Australian publishing industry for professional development, leadership and career enhancing opportunities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Amount of grant: $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible;
- If you live outside Australia you can still apply, provided you are an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status.;
- Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund will consider supporting:
- Authors who have previously published at least two full-length books of their own creative writing (including plays professionally presented), in the following genres: fiction, literary non-fiction, children’s and young adult literature, poetry and writing for performance;
- Visual artists who have at least five years of professional experience with a minimum of five solo exhibitions in public and commercial galleries;
- Applicants may submit one application per round to the Cultural Fund provided they have already acquitted any outstanding previous Cultural Fund grants.
Note: Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund support writers and visual artists by funding their member organisations and key industry stakeholders to offer career-enhancing opportunities for their members and the writing and visual arts sectors.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called « Deadline Calendar. » This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
You can apply for a range of activities. Some examples of the activities Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund are:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The creation and development of new work
- Professional skills development
- The Cultural Fund sometimes accept applications for travel costs.
- Create Grants support the creation of creative work and are not intended to support academics with scholarly or academic works that are for an academic audience.
- Create Grants support creative writing and writing for performance (plays).
- Two people can apply. However, it is preferable for you to nominate just one eligible person on the application form. The other applicant must also fulfil the eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
You must submit the following support material with your application as a PDF Online via given website:
- A one page CV outlining your publication history
- A sample of your writing (up to 10 pages) preferably from your new work or from previously published work
- A letter of endorsement from a publisher (this is optional)
- A one page CV outlining your exhibition history
- A sample of your work (up to 10 images) preferably from your new body of work or from previously exhibited work. File size is for ‘screen resolution’ only as images will not be printed or projected
- A letter of endorsement from a gallerist (this is optional)
For more information, visit https://www.copyright.com.au/culturalfund/individual-grants/