Deadline: 1 May 2020
The Conservation Alliance is seeking applications for its grant program to protect threatened wild places throughout North America for their habitat and recreational values.
(Ad) Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? fundsforNGOs Premium has all these and more at one place! Learn more.
As a group of outdoor industry companies, they recognize their responsibility to help protect the wild lands and waterways on which their customers recreate and wildlife thrives.
The Conservation Alliance is a group of like-mind companies that disburses its collective annual membership dues to grassroots environmental organizations. The Alliance direct their funding to community-based campaigns to protect threatened wild habitat and outdoor recreation. The Alliance was founded in 1989 by outdoor industry leaders REI, Patagonia, The North Face, and Kelty, who shared the goal of increasing outdoor industry support for conservation efforts. The Alliance now have more than 250 member companies, and plan to disburse more than $2 million in 2020.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Grant requests can be made up to $50,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The Alliance makes grants to registered 501(c) (3) organizations whose work meets each of the following criteria:
- The project should seek to secure lasting and quantifiable protection of a specific wild land or waterway. They prioritize landscape-scale projects that have a clear benefit for habitat.
- The campaign should engage grassroots citizen action in support of the conservation effort. They do not fund general education, restoration, stewardship, or scientific research projects.
- All projects must have a clear recreational benefit.
- The project should have a good chance of final success within four years.
- The Alliance also welcome proposals from organizations for campaigns that:
- Seek to preserve and defend the integrity of their public lands system.
- These defensive projects should focus on any attempt by Congress to undermine their public lands and the laws that support them.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called « Deadline Calendar. » This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Before applying for funding, an organization must first be nominated by one of the member companies.
- Members nominate organizations by completing and submitting a nomination form.
- The Alliance will then send each nominated organization a request for proposal (RFP) instructing them how to submit a full request.
For more information, visit http://www.conservationalliance.com/how-to-apply/