The Catholic Relief Services recruits 01 Logistics Officer
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will coordinate the implementation of all day-to-day logistics activities to ensure all programs and operations have the goods and services needed when they need them in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate commodity and logistics needs and challenges and the implementation of solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the supply chain team and relevant programming staff on logistics services that meet the pipeline requirements. Help identify challenges in supply chain management and provide recommendations to address those.
- Support the implementation of delivery operations from arrival of goods in-country (or local purchase point) to the warehouses and on to the final distribution centers in accordance with CRS and donor regulations and international and local supply chain standards and requirements
- Collaborate and communicate with the procurement team to ensure they receive timely purchase requisitions with comprehensive specifications, delivery schedules, and other terms and conditions, including for labeling, branding, and marking.
- Provide regular coaching and support to CRS and partner staff and laborers to ensure they have the capacity to implement accurately, consistently, and transparently commodity logistics processes and to abide by security, safety, and health requirements.
- Help coordinate and supervise activities related to commodity receipt, transportation, distribution, and disposal. Liaise with surveyors, C&F agents, the Transport Officer, partners, and other parties to ensure the timely receipts and distribution of goods.
- Maintain updated files with all required logistics documents and ensure all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented. Prepare and/or review all reports prior to submission per distribution requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant degree preferred. Professional certifications(s) in supply chain or equivalent field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in supply chain, logistics, procurement management, preferably with an international organization.
- Knowledge of political dynamics along the chain, infrastructure, market knowledge, as well as related laws and regulations.
- Required Languages – Fluent in English and French
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
- Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team environment
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio). Experience with commodity tracking systems is a plus.
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Fleets Officers, Procurement officers
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: CRS Employees, Head of Operations
- External : Service Providers, Partners, Local authorities
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to demonstrate respect to all people, and to affirmatively prevent harassment, abuse, and exploitation. I understand that CRS takes all allegations of harassment, abuse and exploitation seriously. Alleged violations of CRS’ Safeguarding policy will be promptly and thoroughly investigated and, if confirmed, may result in dismissal.
Please send your application including a resume, a letter of motivation in PDF and the names of three people designated as professional references to the following email address: email@example.com with subject: Logistics Officer details no later than January 3, 2022.