The British Embassy recruits 01 Projects Assistant
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main Purposes of Job
The British Embassy in Dakar is looking for a dynamic and proactive individual to join our team as a project assistant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration our Embassy small project funds and running the Chevening scholarship programme. Amongst the main responsibilities of this role are assisting project management, event organisation and translation. The jobholder will also deputise for the Ambassador’s Chief of Staff so will have opportunities to work directly with the Ambassador.
We are looking for a responsible self-starter who can also work well in a team. In return, you will be a key of the team and learn through hands-on experience and on the job training. This is a chance to be engaged in an international environment, take ownership of a wide range of projects and learn about UK in Senegal.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This position will focus on programme management, the Chevening scholarship, event management and translation. There will also be opportunities to cover for other roles in the embassy.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assisting with the management of embassy programmes, including understanding funding streams, procurement and financial management
- Organising events both on and offline
- Translating official documents
- Deputising for the Ambassador’s Chief of Staff
- Administrative tasks, including contact with suppliers, documents management and data base management
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in both English and French
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting marketing/communications and event organisation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task effectively
- Good team-working skills and the ability to develop productive relationships with other teams around the network
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Relevant qualification and/or relevant experience
- Familiarity with UK culture
- Experience in designing visuals for social media and producing videos
Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- Grade : A1 (L)
- Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
- Starting monthly salary () : XOF 557,399
- Start Date : 1 July 2021
All applicants must be legally able to work in Senegal with the correct visa/status or work permit.
The successful applicant will demonstrate that they meet the requirements under Senegal law to work in Senegal.
The British Embassy in Dakar is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Dakar is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Senegalese employment law.
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
Closing date : 14 May 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter fco.tal.net.