The Amsterdam Fellowship
Humanity in Action is seeking applications for its Amsterdam Fellowship.
If you are passionate about human rights, democracy, and social justice, kickstart your activism journey during our Fellowship.
The Amsterdam Fellowship is an opportunity for students from diverse disciplines and walks of life, from the Netherlands and abroad, to become part of an action-driven community of changemakers. They collectively analyze the social, economic, and political challenges of civil society today by learning from shared histories.
The Netherlands’ colonial past and active role in slavery have been – and are to this day – underexposed parts of history. The Dutch government has recently stated an apology acknowledging their role in the horrors of the slave trade, but they can ask ourselves: What does an apology mean? And how do they receive it as they reckon with the racism and discrimination that are deeply rooted in society, both at social and institutional levels?
During the Fellowship, they will investigate the ways in which colonial legacies have impacted Dutch society. What are the relationships between minority and majority populations and marginalized groups? How do they explore the topics of wealth inequality, ableism, fascism, and anti-migration rhetoric – and how do they protect democratic values?
Through workshops, discussions, and community building, they aim to (re)discover ideas and find answers to tackle these human rights challenges. They invite you to think about the state of the world and address such issues by coming into action and developing your own Action Project.
After the Fellowship, they offer you personal guidance and a series of training sessions for the following 11 months to fuel and support your activism. With your Action Project, you can become the changemaker they need.
- The International Program | June 5 and 6, 2023 (virtual)
- They will virtually join the entire international 2023 Human in Action cohort of about 100 Fellows to discuss community building, relevant human rights issues and courses for civil engagement.
- The Amsterdam Fellowship | June 8 – 23, 2023 (in-person in Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
- About 20 Fellows from Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Poland and the US will gather in Amsterdam to learn from local experts, community members, and each other.
- Action Projects and Action Project Lab Series | August 2023 – May 2024 (virtual)
- From September 2023 to May 2024, Fellows work on their independent Action Project. They meet virtually for the Action Project Lab Series, an online training program designed to assist Fellows to implement their projects and keeping in touch with the community.
- Application accepted from The Netherlands, USA, Germany, Poland and Greece
For more information, visit Amsterdam Fellowship.
Laisser un Commentaire