The American University in Cairo Cynthia Nelson Fellowship for International Students – 2016
The late Cynthia Nelson, professor of anthropology, founding director of the Cynthia Nelson Institute of Gender and Women Studies (IGWS) and former dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, joined AUC in 1963. Her efforts to further gender and women’s studies in Egypt and the Arab world have made her a notable and respected figure in her field. Her outstanding lifetime contributions to AUC remain unparalleled as she is a role model for generations of young and aspiring scholars.
In addition to full or partial tuition support, the highly competitive Cynthia Nelson Endowed Fellowships in Gender and Women’s Studies (IGWS) will provide students with the opportunity to work with a faculty member on research and other professional endeavors.
- Full admission to the master’s program in gender and women’s studies
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good from an Egyptian university; if grades are lower, a rationale must be provided in the written statement
- Demonstrated or potential academic qualifications, professional experience and/ or financial need
- The fellowship is awarded for two semesters.
- The academic performance of awarded fellows is subject to evaluation at the end of each semester.
- The award may consist of full three courses, partial waiver of tuition fees for up to two courses, or less coverage.
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned eight hours per week of related research work.
- This work is intended to provide research in support of IGWS scholarly interests and provide professional development and research mentorship to fellows.
Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application : http://www.aucegypt.edu/admissions/graduate/how-apply
Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application form : https://www.applyweb.com/auc/index.ftl
- Applicants must submit the online fellowship application, with all supporting documents and the graduate application, by April 15.
- Applicants are required to provide a written statement in which they should indicate their research and professional experience, as well as professional goals. Any financial challenges should be indicated in the written statement.
- The faculty selection committee results will be announced two weeks prior to the fall semester, which begins at the end of August
For inquiries, email email@example.com.
Fellowships Instructions Manual : : https://documents.aucegypt.edu/Docs/academics_grad/Fall2016howtoapplyforfellowships%202.pdf
Graduate Fellowship Application : http://www.aucegypt.edu/admissions/graduate/how-apply