TGH recruits 01 Country Director
Location: Sudan, job based in Khartoum, with regular field trips to Darfur.
Duration: 1 year renewable, starting in June 2019 (one month is necessary to complete the visa procedure)
Conditions: Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €2,500 to €2,800 according to experience, monthly per diem €480, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months. More information on www.trianglegh.org, under « Participate ».
Family duty station: to be discussed according to experience and context evolution in Sudan.
Presentation of TGH
« Actor in a sustainable and shared solidarity »
Founded in 1994, TGH is a French international solidarity organization based in Lyon. The association designs and implements emergency, rehabilitation and development programs in the following sectors: water, hygiene and sanitation, civil engineering, food security and rural development, socio-educational and psychosocial. TGH is currently operating in 10 countries in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Presentation of the mission
TGH is present in Sudan since September 2003, and opened its first project for the victims of the Darfur crisis in one of the IDPs camp in West Darfur (Riyad camp of Geneina) in June 2004. TGH has since extended its activities in West Darfur and Central Darfur, implementing its projects through 5 operational bases (Geneina in West Darfur; Bindizi, Um Dukhun, Golo and Zalingei in Central Darfur). All projects are coordinated from Khartoum main office. TGH currently works in the fields of water and sanitation, hygiene promotion, NFIs/Shelters, education, food security and livelihood.
TGH’s strategy in Darfur consists in shifting gradually and where appropriate to more development-oriented programming, while maintaining the capacity to provide humanitarian assistance when needed.
Ongoing operations include:
– The strengthening of food security and livelihood, through distribution of agricultural inputs, promotion of farming best practices, sustainable natural resources management, development of income generating activities and targeted food distribution.
– Construction and rehabilitation of water supply systems and sanitation services, hygiene promotion and capacity building of community based committees and local authorities in WASH services sustainable management.
– Emergency assistance to people affected by population displacement and natural disasters (provision of Non Food Items- NFI, safe water facilities, emergency sanitation and hygiene promotion for disease control).
– Supporting the improvement of the education environment through local educational actors capacity-building, distribution of small equipment and educational material, rehabilitation of education facilities.
TGH is currently funded in Sudan by a set of different donors: SHF, ECHO, EUROPEAID, USAID, IOM (RRF), UNICEF, AFD and CIAA.
Under direct supervision of the HQ-based Desk Officer, the Country Director has overall responsibility for TGH’s operations in Sudan, and the mission’s 100 staff. He/she directly supervises 5 expatriate coordinators (administration-finance, logistics, grants manager and 2 heads of program) and 5 field coordinators, based in Darfur. The main responsibilities include:
General supervision of the mission
Human resources and support departments
This list of responsibilities could be modified according to the needs.
Security, working and living conditions
Based in Khartoum, the Country Director will perform regular short-term missions to Darfur bases. Security situation in Darfur is very variable from place to place and period. Field-visits are authorized when security conditions allow it. The movements to the field-bases are ensured by UNHAS.
Current social context in Sudan, especially in Khartoum, can lead to temporary tightened security procedures (movement restrictions, etc.).
Health risks are limited and there is little prevalence of malaria or other diseases in Khartoum. Quality medical services are fully available in Khartoum.
The mission in Khartoum has an office/ guesthouse of a significant size (4 floors) providing adequate separation of work and living space. Individual accommodation is optional. Communication means are good (efficient internet, international phones).
Khartoum enjoys different places for extra-professional activities: markets (souk), swimming pools, gardens, access to cultural sites out of Khartoum. The social life is rather rich.
There are daily flights to regional and Europe destinations and expatriates go out of the country every 3 months for breaks.
|Expériences / Formation du candidat||– At least three years of experience with a humanitarian NGO in a coordination position|
– Good knowledge of the humanitarian environment (NGOs, UN, mains donors)
– Good communication and writing skills in English and French
– Proven ability to fundraise and write project proposals
– Experience in project management
– Good security management skills, experience in challenging security environments
– Good knowledge of MS Office pack
– Good knowledge of accounting or financial management in a NGO context
– Ability in successful team management and capacity building
– Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team and to lead a team of specialists from a range of fields
– Autonomy and rigor. Developed skills for work organization and tasks prioritization
– Capacity to represent TGH at high level coordination meetings with different stakeholders
– Experience of Arabic or Muslim countries and knowledge or Arabic language a distinct advantage
|Experience||3 à 5 ans|
|Fonctions||Direction et administration, Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Secteurs d’activité||Agriculture, Eau et assainissement, Education / Formation|
|Comment postuler||Please send your resume and cover letter to the following address: email@example.com for the attention of Alexandra Bourdekas, Human Resources Manager.|
|Date de fin de validité||10/04/2019|