Tetra Tech recruits 01 Grants and Finance Specialist
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Position Summary & Job Purpose
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (Nasdaq: TTEK) is dedicated to improving the energy sector of developing economies. We are recruiting for a Grants and Finance Specialist (GFS) to be based in Senegal to support the implementation of the USAID-administered Scaling Up Renewable Energy II (SURE II) from November 2021 to October 2024. See https://www.usaid.gov/energy/sure
The GFS must have the ability to legally work in Senegal. The position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
- Administer all project grant activities for up to 20 grants and a total of USD$2 million, including application setup, grantee intake, application review, preparation of grant award package, management, and close-out
- Support the revision of the grants manual, templates, and forms in support of grantees
- Advise grantees on relevant USAID, SURE II, and Tetra Tech operational policies and procedures related to their awards
- Assess needs for and implement grant modifications on as-needed basis
- Liaise with USAID and Tetra Tech home office staff on grant management topics
- Liaise with the Senegal Country Coordinator on grantee intake process in local context
- Coordinate with home office staff on due diligence and anti-corruption efforts for award of grants and payment of funds
- Monitor and review innovator milestone reports and process payments
- Organize funding requests to disburse milestone payments
- Maintain and update grantees payment tracker
- Support the procurement of grantees and local technical assistance vendors
- Support the development of knowledge products, collection of performance indicator data and preparation of communication pieces
- Support the development of contractual deliverables and any other reporting
- Execute a variety of administrative tasks in support of the functioning of the project office including: maintaining proper electronic and hard copy records; maintaining the project property inventory; coordinating purchasing of office supplies and coordinating travel logistics
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or relevant field
- 5 years of relevant experience in Senegal on administration of grants and subcontracts supported by international donor organizations
- Demonstrated experience with USAID acquisition and assistance rules and regulations, including experience with the full cycle of grant making
- Prior experience in administering milestone-based grants for USAID-funded regional projects
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ADS 303
- Expert knowledge and efficiency working with financial control processes, payment systems, results-based management, project monitoring, and management
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, as well as a background in budget review and cost analysis to ensure maximum efficiency of grant resources
- Strong oral and written communications skills to effectively liaise with and advise grantees and technical staff
- Fluency in English and French (reading, writing and presentation skills)
Valued but not required KSA’s:
Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or relevant field
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
Closing date : 20 November 2021.