Tetra Tech recruits 01 Communications Specialist – Senegal
Tetra Tech provides best-in-class energy consulting services for clients worldwide. Our work advances clean energy to achieve climate and decarbonization goals; creates sustainable utilities and modern grids; and promotes gender equality and economic inclusivity at the energy nexus.
Position Summary & Job Purpose:
Tetra Tech is seeking a Communications Specialist for USAID’s Scaling Up Renewable Energy (SURE) activity in Senegal. The activity will strengthen the private sector in Senegal with grant funding and business support to promote inclusive economic growth and enhance livelihoods for women and youth. SURE Senegal will award grants of up to $250,000 to eligible for-profit companies whose businesses or products are powered by renewables. SURE experts will provide business support and coaching on skills such as business planning, accounting, financial controls, sales, after-sales service, and budgeting. By supporting market-driven solutions powered by renewables, SURE will help the Government of Senegal and the private sector to promote inclusive economic growth, enhance livelihoods for women and youth, and help Senegal meet its goal of 10 percent emissions reduction by 2030.
This position is part-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Interested candidates must be eligible to work in Senegal. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Implement SURE Senegal communication strategy and branding implementation plan.
- Identify communication channels (e.g., newsletters, newspapers, business associations, social media) and events that can be used to promote SURE Senegal grant opportunities and achievements.
- Respond to incoming requests for information, talking points, messaging, etc. from project staff, USAID, and counterparts.
- Develop communication materials to promote SURE Senegal’s grant opportunities and technical assistance for diverse audiences including the USAID, the Government of Senegal, and internal staff to be used for written and verbal communications and on social media.
- Provide communication support at events including in-person or remote event management, preparation of press releases, announcements, social media posts, and organize photography and videography activities as required.
- Write and edit fact sheets, website content, success stories, PowerPoint presentations, videos, talking points, and social media content.
- Coordinate with grantees to promote grantees work and accomplishments.
- Produce customized products such as data visualizations and infographics, and other communication products related to SURE activities while following USAID branding and marking guides.
- Work closely with the SURE senior communications advisor to report SURE Senegal accomplishments.
- Work closely with Climatelinks.org to develop and publish SURE Senegal content.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Bachelor’s Degree (specialization in communications preferred)
- At least 6 years of experience in a communications role, preferably in corporate communication, a USAID-funded project, or other donor-funded project.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Fluency in English and French (reading, writing and presentation skills) with strong oral and written presentation skills.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Strong network within the business community, entrepreneurs, and financial institutions desired.
- Experience working with rural communities, smallholder farmers, and small- to medium-sized businesses.
- Fluency in Wolof.