Description du poste
This role is open to Senegalese nationals residing in Senegal. The work roster is 4 weeks on site and 2 weeks break.
Summary of Role
This is the entry level position for a new grad engineer to develop skills on the job to become a Mining Engineer within 2 years. The Junior Mining Engineer will initially spend a period of time in each of the mining department sections to better understand each of the activities of the mining process.
Weekly and daily schedule
– Scheduling using software such as spreadsheets, Minesched to ensure practical schedules are produced for production and forecasting purposes.
– Coordinate the weekly pre-planning meeting;
– Produce the weekly plan and schedule;
Drill & Blast
– Responsible for drill and blast pattern designs and scheduling in order to keep the broken inventory at scheduled level;
– Working with production personnel, explosive’s contractor and geologists to ensure the above bullet point is achieved.
– Responsible to ensure daily production across all the mining activities is captured and reported in a timely manner. This also includes validating and checking data to ensure its integrity.
– Responsible in gathering data for the weekly and monthly reports.
– Assist in preparing data for generation of budgets.
– Pit, waste dump, stockpile and road designs/layout under the supervision of the Senior Mining Engineer using Vulcan;
– Pit wall inspection, dewatering, etc…
– Data collection and interpretation
– Penetration rate, fuel consumptions, explosive consumption, etc…
• Contribute toward good communication within the Mining Department and other departments by developing and maintaining a team environment, which is conducive to two way communication.
• Contribute towards the maintenance of the image of a professional Service Department that is available to provide all services/ duties requested by other Departments.
• Provide assistance to other members of the Mining Department when requested.
• Propose work practice improvement and quality control
• Ensure the production of accurate and timely information for the site customers in compliance with instructions/ procedures for assigned tasks.
Qualifications and Required Skills/Experience:
Engineering degree (Mining, Civil or Geology)
Minimum experience working for an industry
Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite, CAD software, etc
Strong communication skills, ability to speak and write in English
Ability to liaise and promote liaison between maintenance, mining and contracting personnel
Valid Driving License
If you experience problems submitting your application online, please email your CV to: