Training Officer (National position) – Sabodala Mine, Senegal
Nom de l’entreprise : Teranga Gold Corporation
Lieu de l’entreprise : Dakar, Sénégal
Summary of Role
This is national position: 4 weeks on / 2 weeks off roster to our Sabodala mine site operations in Senegal.
This position will report to the Training & Development Coordinator & will provide Professional advice to work groups on Training and Development issues on site, supporting/coordinating/managing key people programs such as performance management and training and development, HR administration and employee relations, Prepares and delivers site wide training sessions accordingly to the program and as assigned by management staff. Assists in providing various administrative support for training programs including coordinating all logistical requirements, collects and compiles evaluation data outcomes, designs and develops training reports to assess impact and progress. Conducts evaluations of employees and employee candidates using the LAB test system.
• Identify the critical roles across the Company: define the scarcity and the criticality of the positions & update the critical positions list for the entire company,
• Create a competency model for each critical position: identify the relevant core and elective knowledge skills and behaviors needed to achieve department and company goals,
• Identify and assess successors using Competency Models: determine potential successors who are interested in and has the potential to fill the critical roles & use the Succession Plan Policy to apply the criteria of selection of candidates
• Develop and implement the Individual Develop plan: define the training and development experiences that the Company requires for each scarce, critical & specialist role, link successors training & development plan to the knowledge, skills and behaviors required for current and future roles & designate a mentor for each successor who can facilitate transfer of the core competencies
• Evaluate effectiveness of the succession plan by managing the IDP process through the mentoring in a continuous process
• Organize and conduct Leadership assessment on the field for all candidates in collaboration with all the stakeholders
• Prepare information for succession plan committee in quarterly basis
• Update and report of the progress of the succession plan in a daily basis
• Other Key responsibilities: ensure an IDP for each designated successor is developed and implemented; IDP progress is assessed on a quarterly basis & update mentoring records are completed each two (2) months;
• Organize, coordinate, and deliver management training sessions in collaboration with the management trainer as needed
• Work with the T&D Coordinator to maintain accurate and current information within the site Learning Management System (SharePoint)
• Maintain mentoring records in database format
• Maintain stock of learning resources and support material making sure that replacements are manufactured (internally) or ordered (externally) to support the delivery of training programs as conducted or supported by the T&D team.
• Participate in program planning meetings with colleagues within T&D, as required
• Conduct classroom-based training programs in French and English where required
• Assist in Maintaining of classrooms & training resources in a safe, tidy & learning friendly environment
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Organize leadership assessment follow up on the field and to give ongoing support as required
Required Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar vocational education role
• Recognized qualification or certification in adult education
• Demonstrated high level functional literacy in both French and English and functional numeracy (tested at a grade 10 level or higher)
• Experience in delivering Management and Leadership Training & assessment of staff
• Experience working in a multi-cultural work environment is desirable
• Ability to translate training material and related documents from English to French and French to English
• Demonstrated, disciplined approach to task execution, timelines and maintaining a high standard/quality of work.
• Experience in conducting Training Needs Analysis.
• Maintain the Succession Plan register up to date and accurate
• Follow up the progress of the IDP and remind all the mentors for the next step
• Organize IDP review at indicated time
• Maintain all training and development data and required reports in an accurate and effective manner; ensure current information to support the various training programs delivered or supported.
• Maintain training records within pre?identified spread?sheets or training management system data base
• Assist with the site LMS (Learning Management System – “SharePoint”) and scheduled training bookings
• Maximize training room utilization through effective program scheduling
• Communicate in a timely manner to keep internal stakeholders and customers informed as appropriate especially where changes and late bookings occur
• A request addressed to the General Manager of Sabodala Gold Operations;
• A detailed CV of the candidate with the details of three (3) professional references; with a cover letter;
• Legalized copy of diplomas; copy of the training certificates & certificates or work examples / certificates to verify the experience.
The deadline for submission is Saturday, August 17, 2019
Our Vision, Culture & Values
• We are committed to a culture with a friendly and informal environment; dedicated and empowered people who want rewarding careers and the ability to make good decisions that positively impact the business.
• We are a fast-growing junior miner that offers career opportunities; the work is challenging and exciting with tremendous growth and challenge.
• Health and safety is one of our highest priorities – we have an exceptional record and strive to continuously improve all practices.
• We are committed to social responsibility, to our people, and to supporting and sustaining the local communities.