TDH recruits 01 Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH) Technical Coordinator
Position Start Date : 01.02.2022
Duration : 12 months
Location : Erbil, with frequent travel to the field – Iraq
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid with its headquarters in Lausanne. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh, is registered in Iraq with the No 2178598. Tdh aims to create a positive impact on children’s lives in almost 40 countries around the world, through our Health, Access to Justice, Migration and Child Protection transversal programmes.
Tdh started its operations in Iraq in December 2014, responding to needs of children and youth between the age group of 9-22 years, affected by the ISIL -driven crisis of 2014-2017. Due to high unmet needs for children, youth, and their families affected by the crisis, Tdh scaled up its interventions to 12 districts within 5 governorates (Anbar, Kirkuk, Ninewa, Baghdad & Salah al-Din), providing emergency assistance in child protection, juvenile justice, education, and WASH.
In the long-term, through its Multi-year Country Strategy 2022 – 2024 and its long term Vision for the Country Programme, Tdh plans to reinforce and expand interventions due to the persistent overwhelming needs of children, youth and families through a NEXUS approach, responding to the protracted humanitarian needs while contributing to achieving durable solutions for the most vulnerable and at-risk population groups in the sectors of Child Protection, Education, WASH and Access to Justice for children, youth and women.
As of December 2021, with its 120 staff employees, Tdh is currently implementing a 7,5 Million CHF emergency, rehabilitation, and development program across the country through its bases and offices in Baghdad, Ninewa, Salah al-Din and Kirkuk governorates, working alongside and in collaboration with local partners and national authorities. The main donors are USG, UNOCHA, ECHO, SDC, GIZ, UNICEF. The main coordination office is in Erbil with a multi-cultural, very experienced, and highly motivated team providing support, technical expertise and ensuring accountability, while working closely with the collaborators in the Regional office in Amman, Jordan, and the Head Quarters (HQ) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The WASH Technical Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic direction and vision to the Tdh’s WASH programming and intervention strategy in Iraq, and for supporting the different activities within the projects, providing technical support to colleagues and partners. S/he will oversee the WASH programme development in country in cooperation with other technical coordinators at country and HQ levels and will lead technically the proposal development process and coordination with key actors in country, including leadership in focused working groups when relevant.
S/he will lead the establishment and growth of the WASH programming portfolio in Iraq (including KRI). S/he will lead the developing and contextualizing program designs, models of action, and conceptual frameworks. S/he will ensure programming quality through capacity building, monitoring, and learning.
S/he will oversee technically the implementation of project activities and provide technical guidance to the staff to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the projects are appropriately monitored and evaluated, and that project reports are written and submitted in a timely manner. Additionally, s/he will oversee producing tools, policy documents, research, need assessment, communication material and other key documents for the programme in country.
Main responsibilities :
WASH Program Development
- WASH Program Quality Management
- Capacity building to staff, partners, and stakeholders
- Coordination and representation of Tdh
- Human resources support
BSc in WaSH related field
- At least 5 years relevant expatriate international experience with International NGOs s or other agencies working on WASH in humanitarian, early recovery and development contexts
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of WASH sector
- At least 8 years of relevant progressive experience as Program/Project Manager, Technical Advisor or Coordinator.
- Prior experience working in fragile and humanitarian-development transitional contexts.
- Previous experience in the MENA region is preferred.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of WASH sector.
- Proven capacity in proposal writing and grant management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff.
- Personal qualities: works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations between CHF 3200.-and CHF 4’000.- net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JjdCreAc?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.