TDH recruits 01 Health Program Manager – Teknaf, Bangladesh
Position Start Date: 1st December 2020
Duration: 9 months, renewable
Location: Teknaf – Bangladesh
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh is working in Bangladesh since 1976, with operations in the north of the country (Kurigram district), in the Dhaka district and in Cox Bazaar district.
Tdh is implementing programs on Health, WASH, Access to Justice (social cohesion and conflict resolution), Migration and Child protection, both in development and emergency context.
Following the massive displacement of more than 688,000 people into Bangladesh since end of August 2017, Tdh has put in place an important emergency response plan to provide relief to the Rohingya refugees, notably on health, WASH and protection.
Since 2019 Tdh in Bangladesh is part of a consortium, led by the Institute for Development Studies, for an Action Research project implemented in Asia at regional level, with an important component of cash transfer. Tdh in Bangladesh is starting a process of integration of emergency and development approaches.
Under the direct supervision of the Field coordinator, the Health Program Manager coordinate and supervises the correct development and good quality implementation of medical activities, incl. the two Primary Healthcare Centers (PHC), ensures the overall management of the Health teams and ensures appropriate coordination with sectoral and international organizations and actors on Health
The Health Program Manager (Health PM) will work directly with the 2 PHC Managers and indirectly with the whole Health team, to ensure high-quality health services to treat and refer patients coming from the Rohingya community and host community, within the PHC catchment area.
The Health PM is accountable for :
- ensuring inter-departmental coordination with medical and non-medical teams,
- supporting them to ensure a continuum of care and good quality of health services to the patients as well as a good maintenance of the PHC buildings and all support services.
Along with the PHC Managers, s/he will lead the technical oversight of the PHC and will heavily focus on capacity building and mentoring of national staff. S/he will also be responsible for project management related to the PHC, including developing and implementing work-plans, report-writing, monitoring progress of project targets and key indicators, and coordinating with the Regional Health coordinator and logistics and finance departments on procurement, transportation, and permanent availability of all PHC materials including drugs and medical supplies.
This position will not be providing direct patient care, and will focus main efforts on team management, project management, supportive supervision and on the job training. This role will also involve representation of the organization when required.
Org. Chart Position (Reporting and functional relashionships) :
- Line manager: Field coordinator
- Line report(s): PHC Managers
- Functional manager: Regional Health coordinator
- Functional report (s) : the whole Teknaf Health team
- Ensure implementation and monitoring of the health program
- Supervise the health team
- Ensure logistical and administrative support for health programs
- Representation of the tdh health department in meetings
- Ensure the safety of property and people
- Contribute to the developoment of new proposals
Qualifications & Competencies:
- MBBS, Master of Public Health or health-related postgraduate qualification
- Minimum of 5 years professional field experience
- Experience in project implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Experience in emergencies will be considered as a plus
- Experience working with international NGO an added advantage
- Familiarity with Cox’s Bazaar setting
- Previous experience working in refugee camp will be a plus
- Fluency in English, both in writing and speaking, is a must
- Knowledge of spoken local languages/dialects (Chittagonian or Rohingya) an asset
- Computer literacy and excellent handling of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint presentations, excel spreadsheets) is a must
Specific professional competencies:
- Result oriented
- Working with people, Good communication skill, both verbal and written communication
- Work independently and with short deadlines.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
Expatriate contract under Swiss labor code 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4’300 CHF (~3’700 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 9 months, renewable
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JxAwqeiQ?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418