TDH recruits 01 Grants & Reporting Manager – Kabul, Afghanistan
Starting Date: 01.12.2022
Type of contract: CDM
Duration: 12 months
Working time: 100%
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid with Headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh has established a Country Office in Afghanistan since 1995. We are operating in four regions of the country. Tdh is providing Child Protection services, Mother and Child healthcare assistance, services for victims of SGBV, multipurpose cash assistance to most vulnerable children and their families. Where necessary, these programs also contain elements of basic relief services. The prevention and containment of COVID-19 has been an integrated part in our activities in the recent months.
In Pakistan, Tdh is reviving its previous engagement, actively pursuing funding opportunities to support children, youth and their families in a country facing an ongoing political, economic and health crisis.
The work in both countries is managed in the frame of a Multi Country Delegation, with its main office in Kabul.
Under the responsibility of the Country Representative, the Grant & Reporting Manager duties will include:
Identifying funding opportunities.
Coordinating and contributing to proposal writing processes.
Coordinating and editing progress/final reports.
Handling grants’ administration and follow-up.
Ensuring compliance with grant regulations.
Supporting the delegation in project cycle management, monitoring, and external communication aspects.
The G&R Manager will be member of the Senior Management Team. S/He will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Tdh Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of concept notes and project proposals
- Participate in the identification of funding opportunities in AFG and PAK.
- Coordinate and contribute to writing and submission of donor proposals, including coordination exchanges among both Delegation and HQ staff.
- Support the activities for situation analysis, data collection and needs assessments.
- Support timely submission of project proposals
- Support donor communications and follow up.
- Ensure the adequate filing and archiving of final documents, as well as to update the grant follow-up tools.
- Coordinate and contribute to reporting processes for current projects
- Coordinate the preparation and finalization of donor reports for current projects, ensuring consistency, accuracy, clarity and timely submission in compliance with both, donor’s contractual requirements and Tdh standards.
- Consolidate the contribution of technical staff and ensure the internal validation of the outputs in close cooperation with the M&E department
- Contribute to the quality of the presentations regarding the results of the current projects and to their dissemination to donors and other partners.
- Support the preparation and review of capitalization documents and evaluation reports
- Ensure the adequate archiving, filing, and disseminating of the final documents.
- Contribute to the internal monthly and annual report process.
- Contribute to smooth communication and collaboration with partners.
- Country Strategy and program perspectives/prospective
- Support the regular update of donor mapping informed by the ambitions and outcomes articulated in the Tdh Country Strategy.
- Provide on-going research, strategic donor intelligence gathering, and trends analysis and generate information to enable engagement with country level donors.
- Support the appraisal of new funding opportunities.
- Support the fundraising strategy review processes, by introducing tracking tools.
- Communication and Representation of Tdh
- Represent Tdh in external engagements in close coordination with the SMT
- Support the work establishing an effective beneficiary communication and feed-back mechanism.
- Support the supervision of the delegation’s communication events
- Support the communication officer to manage a database of professional photos and videos, as well as other communication output, related to Tdh’s activities and/or beneficiaries.
- Actively participate in capacity building of Tdh and partners’ staff
- Actively participate in the SMT
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality
Education & Qualifications:
Master / Post-graduate in International Development, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other related area.
Relevant experience of minimum 5 years in program cycle management, preferably in an international NGO/Institution.
Experience & Competences:
Relevant experience living and working in a high-risk environment with limited opportunities for recreation and social contacts.
Relevant experience in applying and following strict security and safety procedures.
Resilience to stress.
Management experience in securing and managing funds from institutional donors, such as UN agencies, SDC, ECHO, EU, DFID, USAID.
Excellent planning skills, and a sound understanding of Program Cycle Management in development, emergency and protracted crises environments.
Good administrative and numerical skills and attention to detail.
Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising and donor engagement
Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, knowledge of Dari/Persian and/or Pashto would be an asset.
Excellent Ability to operate Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, Excel & Power Point
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations between CHF 4’000.- and CHF 4’800.- gross monthly according to experience x 13 times, Annual Leaves: 25 days; local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting, useful and meaningful work in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please apply directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JfhcxRTU?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.