TDH recruits 01 Deputy Country Representative, in charge of Programs – Bangladesh
Position Start Date: 01.12.2020
Contract: One-year, local contract (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract
We encourage local candidates to apply. Foreign applicants must have a valid permit to work and reside in Bangladesh.
Location: Cox’s Bazar or Dhaka – Bangladesh
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh is working in Bangladesh since 1976, with operations in the north of the country (Kurigram district), in the Dhaka district and in Cox Bazaar district.
Tdh is implementing programs on Health, WASH, Access to Justice (social cohesion and conflict resolution), Migration and Child protection, both in development and emergency context.
Following the massive displacement of more than 688,000 people into Bangladesh since end of August 2017, Tdh has put in place an important emergency response plan to provide relief to the Rohingya refugees, notably on health, WASH and protection.
Since 2019 Tdh in Bangladesh is part of a consortium, led by the Institute for Development Studies, for an Action Research project implemented in Asia at regional level, with an important component of cash transfer.
Tdh in Bangladesh is starting a process of integration of emergency and development approaches.
In close collaboration with the Country Representative (CR), the Deputy CR/ in charge of program’s prime objectives are to support leadership and management of the strategic programming, overseeing the strengthening of Tdh’s program development, quality and accountability and ensuring the coherence between Tdh programs, strategy and action plan in Bangladesh
S/he is part of Senior Management Team and has direct line-management of the Technical Coordinators and the Reporting and Quality officer.
S/he works in close collaboration with the in-country support departments (LOG, Finance and HR) and makes sure communication and enough links are made between the team components.
- Support the operationalization of the strategy in Bangladesh, strengthening the integration between emergency and development approaches
- lead on Business development and funding process – proposal development process
- Lead on Programs management, in line with the Bangladesh delegation organogram
- Ensure the Quality of programs, in line with Tdh and Donors procedures and standards
- Ensure the monitoring, reporting, evaluation and leaning processes
- Support on Donors and stakeholders’ relations
- Ensure the Institutional knowledge building
- Support the Staff Performance Management and Development
ORG CHART POSITION (REPORTING AND FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS)
- Line manager: Country Representative
- Line report(s): Technical Coordinators, reporting officer.
- Functional manager: HQ technical unit, Asia region team
- Education: Advanced University degree in relevant field
- Experience: At least 4 years of experience in a coordination position with an NGO ( in emergency response is a plus); experience in program management including support and programmatic aspects; previous work experience related to Bangladesh is an advantage
- Successful track record of developing funding strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors (OFDA; BPRM; DFID; ECHO; UN; etc.)
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English
- Experience of managing multiple thematic program; child protection is a plus
- Experience of building and developing staff capacity
- Extensive knowledge about project cycle management and monitoring tools (good understanding of MEAL systems highly desirable);
- Organized, ability to work under pressure, sense of human relations, diplomacy, excellent communication skills
- Strong representation / public relation skills is a plus
- Strong team leader skills and aptitude to build up efficient working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
Local contract under Bangladeshi regulations.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members
- of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JQBlVsWN?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter in ENGLISH).
Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418