Swiss TPH recruits 01 Senior Impact Evaluation specialist (100%)
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss TPH conducts consultancy, project management, training and applied research in international health. Within our health sector portfolio, we have a focus on project and programme evaluation, impact evaluation, health impact assessment, data quality review, health facility assessment, and surveys including both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
Senior Impact Evaluation specialist (100%)
Position based in Basel – Switzerland
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for candidates with a strong interest and solid proven experience in Evaluation especially in Impact Evaluation in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Be experienced in public health / development project and program evaluations as we as impact evaluations and health impact assessments linked to relevant conceptual frameworks (e.g. theory of change (ToC))
- Provide the technical lead for our impact assessment portfolio
- Co-develop appropriate methods, tools and protocols, design rigorous impact evaluations and frame key evaluation questions to robustly assess contributions to complex, long-term change processes, including constructing and reconstructing ToCs.
- Follow-up on implementation of evaluations and evaluation recommendations, ensure collection and analysis of evidence so to make policy recommendations for optimal use of evaluation findings by project teams and to inform future project design
- Be skilled in analyzing, presenting and defending robust impact evaluation findings, and making strategic recommendations as part of the evaluation process
- Identify, attract, collaborate and lead in competitive bids for projects in the above mentioned areas
To best fit into our team we ask for the following requirements:
- Minimum of Master degree in public health, social sciences, health economics, epidemiology and/or a related field; a PhD is an asset
- At least 10 years of working experience (with at least 5 of them in a leading position) of conducting large-scale evaluations including impact assessments, and applying evaluation methodologies in relation to Value for Money and experience of their application in the context of global health/international development
- Experience in developing evaluation frameworks and methodologies and working with TOC
- Superior knowledge of best practices and current trends in large project portfolio management, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working with bilateral and international development assistance funded projects
- Excellent command English (speaking & writing) required, another language (French, Spanish or Portuguese) is a further asset
- Ability to adapt quickly and manage clients independently
- Willingness and availability to frequently travel to LMICs
- Proficiency in statistical software (e.g. R, STATA, SPSS)
- High level of commitment and flexibility, good communication skills, strong spirit of team work, capacity to take initiative and ability to work independently with professionals in multi-cultural contexts
An initial contract of two years will be offered with possibility of renewal based on performance.
In case of interest, please send your CV (maximum 3 pages) and covering letter including your expected salary and three (3) references in English by 30 January 2022 to the email address: email@example.com with the heading “Application Senior Impact Evaluation specialist position”.
Note that this is a re-advert, previous candidates do not need to re-apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please consult our website: http://www.swisstph.ch/swiss-centre-for-international-health.html