Swim for Life CFPs: Supporting Projects Fight Against HIV/AIDS
Deadline: 26 August 2018
Swim for Life is seeking proposals from organisations that are involved in the fight against HIV/AIDS and other STI, or against any kind of discrimination towards LDGBTQI+ people.
The foundation supports:
- projects that are involved in combating HIV/AIDS + other STI and in raising awareness around HIV/AIDS;
- both in Belgium and in developing countries;
- both inside and outside the LGBTQI+ community;
- NEW: this year; the organisation will also support one project related to fight against any kind of discrimination towards LGBTQI+ people (in Belgium).
Type of prevention (HIV / AIDS projects only)
- Primary – aims to prevent contaminations
- Secondary – is to reduce the consequences by medical, psychological and social care
- Tertiary – focuses on addressing the effects of exclusion and discrimination to improve the quality of life of people with Alzheimer Disease.
Maximum grant by project is 5.000 EUR
Only one project proposal maximum by organisation can be submitted.
The association commits, in case of selection of the project:
- to ensure that at least one person from the association is available to represent her on the occasion of the official announcement of results (spring 2019)
- to provide the necessary materials for project enhancement to Swim For Life swimming marathon participants and donors
- to promote Swim for life, and its related events, on its website and social networks;
- to provide, according to a timetable to be defined, a progress report on the project, and a final report when the project has been completed;
- to be mentioned in any publication related to the supported project (printed or electronics): “With the support of Swim For Life 2018”
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Cambodia, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor Leste, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Yemen, Haiti and Belgium.
For more information, please visit Swim for Life.