Swedish Institute She Entrepreneurs Leadership Programme 2020 (Funded to Sweden)
Deadline: February 4, 2020
Do you want to take your businesses to a new level and develop both as an entrepreneur and a leader? Become part of a strong network of women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region through the Swedish Institute She Entrepreneurs Leadership Programme 2020.
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for highly motivated women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) who are building successful and sustainable businesses with the potential to make a difference in their societies.
She Entrepreneurs is a practical and hands-on leadership training based on real business experiences and collaborative learning. The programme provides tangible tools, insights and connections for participants who want to grow their businesses and develop both as entrepreneurs and as leaders. The programme runs over five months with two separate assemblies (modules) taking place in the city of Stockholm – one of Europe’s leading hubs for entrepreneurs.
If you are ready to take your business to the next level and want to become part of a strong network of like-minded women that can support and inspire you on your journey – then She Entrepreneurs is the programme for you.
She Entrepreneurs will give you:
- The opportunity to plan and strategise for your business in an inspiring and collaborative learning environment.
- Regular support and input through sessions with expert mentors on an individual level as well as through group coaching.
- Increased self-awareness as a leader and a deepened understanding of how to build effective and motivated teams.
- Increased knowledge on topics such as business development, communication, business innovation, growing through partnerships, finance and funding
- New perspectives on responsible and sustainable business practices from a social and an environmental perspective, as well as tangible tools for measuring your value creation.
- A strong and active network of like-minded women entrepreneurs.
- Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 2
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa expenses exceeding 500 SEK (approx 50 USD)
- Costs covered and arranged by you
- Domestic travel / airport transfer in your home country
- Visa expenses below 500 SEK (approx 50 USD)
You are welcome to submit your application if you are a woman entrepreneur between the age of 22 and 45 (born 1974 – 1998) with a business that:
- Is already operational and ready to expand;
- Has the potential to develop a financially sustainable business model, generate a positive social impact, and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Is based in Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco or Palestine.
In addition you should:
- have a proficient command of both written and spoken English;
- be willing to pay it forward by contributing at least two hours of pro bono mentorship to a junior entrepreneur in your home country during the programme.
She Entrepreneurs is made up of two separate modules over the year. In between the modules, you will also have online follow-ups with your mentor. Module 1 runs for 11 days and Module 2 for 7 days. Both modules will take place in Stockholm. It is an intensive programme with full daily schedules and many evening activities. All selected participants will have to commit to participating in all the activities of both Module 1 and 2.
- Online Kick-off (13 May 15:00 – 16:30 Swedish time)
- Module 1 (in Stockholm, Sweden, June 1 – 11, 2020): The module is set up with a highly practical approach that allows you to apply the lessons directly to your business. Interactive workshops and seminars will be combined with coaching sessions with expert mentors individually as well as in smaller groups.
- Module 2 (November 1 – 7, 2020): The focus during module 2 will be to maintain, build and expand the network, to continue the learning journey and to follow up on the development of the work so far. You will continue to build on your entrepreneurial and leadership skills through workshops, seminars and meetings with. At the end of Module 2, you will present your business to an advisory board consisting of senior entrepreneurs and business advisors.
The Swedish Institute appoints a selection committee consisting of senior entrepreneurs and field experts as well as staff from SI. Each application is evaluated by two different members of the selection committee.
Each application is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The potential of the applicant’s business (to develop a financially sustainable business model and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals)
- The applicant’s drive, motivation and commitment.
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process: