Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa 2020 for Young Changemakers (Funded to Sweden)
Deadline: February 20, 2020
Are you a change-maker? Do you want to be a part of a network of progressive business leaders? Apply for the Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa 2020 for new perspectives on lasting success through responsible leadership and sustainable business.
The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in the global economy.
Collaborative methods are used to maximize your learning experience, creative thinking and how to lead value-driven change. Experts facilitate topics such as business impact on the environment, diversity and inclusion in the workplace as well as financial strategies for sustainable development. Complex business cases are explored and you receive tools to apply in your day-to-day work. Throughout the programme you develop your own initiative and apply learnings from the programme to continuously develop skills on how to make positive business impact.
By the end of the programme you are a part of a long-lasting network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe.
- Module 1, 3 days in one of the selected countries in Africa, 3 – 5 June 2020: You are introduced to the programme curriculum and topics of focus. Regional business cases creates the framework for your learning.
- Module 2, 2 weeks in Sweden, 12 – 24 October 2020: You deep dive into how sustainble business contributes to innovation, production and increased trust in business on the global market. You explore topics such as leadership, stake-holder engagement, climate change and company visits. You also have a chance to initiate your own business case and receive coaching and peer-feedback.
- Module 3, 1 week in one of the selected countries in Africa, February 2021: The focus is on reconnection with the network and harvesting learnings from module 1. You have the opportunity to visit and analyse a real business case.
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
SIMP will give you:
- A network of leaders focused on sustainble business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
- Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and module 3
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You are in a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector
- You have mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation
- You are between 25-45 years old (born 1975 – 1995)
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the SIMP application form.
- An assessment of the CV.
- The general qualifications of the applicant.
- The organization’s willingness and readiness to work for sustainable business. It is important that your company or organization is motivated to implement new learnings from the programme.
- Create your application online in the application portal.
- Filling in the application form online takes about 60 min or more and there is no session saving possibility. Kindly have your CV, headshot photo and recommendation letter from the CEO or management team of your current organization.
Kindly note CV and photo are mandatory. The recommendation letter is optional, however will be an added advantage in the evaluation process. If you are CEO of your company you may disregard the recommendation letter in your application.