Subsea 7 recruits 01 Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant reports hierarchically to Senegal General Manager and functionally to Senegal Finance Manager based in Paris. Senior Accountant supports Tax reporting activities and compliance obligations as well as provides guidance and advice regarding to a range of tax related emanating from country and Group operations.
This role shall be executed within the utmost respect of Company’s procedures, Code of Business Conduct and Core Values.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Assist Subsea7 Treasury team on all operational banking matters
- Check monthly bank reconciliations and investigates reconciling items
- Day to day control over the company cheque books, cash balances and banking requirements
- Ensure all payments are properly approved and supported by appropriate documentary evidence
- Prepare and control a monthly reporting of petty cash and cheque books
- Assists with the maintenance of accounting records in compliance with local and group regulations in an efficient and effective manner
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts and any required supporting analysis
- Liaise with and providing information to the Group auditors
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded and reported in accordance with statutory and local legal requirements
- Ensure operational day to day as well as long term filing of accounts
- Liaise with internal and external auditors with regards to accounting issues andinternal control over Financial Reporting
- Organise, run and monitor the closing process monthly, quarterly and annually, including the collating of any required accounts
- Manage the regular reporting and management information requirements of the designated area of responsibility
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis and explanations of variances between actual results to budget to date and to full year forecasts
- Produce analysis of various performance indicators required by internal management
- Provides input to budget and accountable for controlling costs
- Manage/Responsible for Petroleum Local Content reporting
- Liaise with Relevant Tax Authorities on day to day operations,
- Ensure consistent compliance with local tax filing requirements
- Prepare the documentation needed during various monitoring exercise.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Finance Function
- Tax and Audit Consultant
- Project Team (Cost Control, contract…)
- Treasury Team
- General Accounts
- A University Graduate (BSc) or HND Graduate in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of 8 years’ cognate experience
- Chartered Accountant with proven management experience
- Experience in Taxation is expected
- Highly motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; fluency in English.
- Pro-active and positive to changes and challenges.
- Upholds Subsea 7’s core values and reputation both internally and externally: Safety, Integrity, Innovation, Performance and Collaboration.
Application deadline: 24/04/2020