Deadline: 6 December 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Dhaka is now accepting Expressions of Interest (EOIs) statements for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) fiscal year 2020 Small Grant Program competition.
Through the AFCP Program, the Department of State supports projects to preserve cultural heritage in the following three areas:
- CULTURAL SITES: such as, but not limited to, historic buildings and archaeological sites;
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS: from a museum, site, or similar institution—that include, but are not limited to, archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculptures, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs; and
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION: such as traditional music, indigenous languages, and crafts.
Applications for projects that directly support one or more of the following will receive additional consideration in FY 2020:
- U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations, such as cultural property agreements;
- Disaster risk reduction for cultural heritage in disaster-prone areas;
- Post-disaster cultural heritage recovery;
- Preservation of inscribed World Heritage Sites; and
- Partner connect with or feed into other ECA programs.
- Floor on Amount of Individual Awards: U.S. $10,000 per project
- Ceiling on Amount of Individual Awards: U.S. $200,000 per project
- The Cultural Heritage Center defines eligible project applicants as reputable and accountable non-commercial entities, such as non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
- AFCP does not award grants to individuals, commercial entities, embassies or past award recipients which have not fulfilled reporting requirements of previous AFCP awards.
For more information, visit https://bd.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-nofo-afcp-small-grant-program-fy-2020/